• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop exporting PNG transparency has lines

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an image in .jpg format sized 583x1055px. I'm using the Crop Tool to widen the image (with transparency) so I have a 1055x1055px .png formatted image. When I export and upload it into the program that I'm using it for, the transparency is there, but I also have weird feathered lines on the sides that were expanded for transparency.

I have tried setting an additional layer under it and making it solid black just incase the feathering exists on the top image. Doesn't change anything. Only when I have my friend repeat the same process with the .jpg and export it for me in Affinity Design do the lines go away. He has no such problem with the file.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the two images. 

Or at east screenshots including the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) of the two images at View > 100%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem arise if you convert the Background Layer to a regular Layer and increase the Canvas via Image > Canvas Size? 

I suspect you might have been slightly inexact when using the Crop Tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the crop tool, I'm simply expanding the sides directly out. There's pretty much nothing to be inexact with. I'm trying to see if I can get my friend to export a version of the image again and then I'll post all 3 versions; the original jpg, the export I'm getting & the export he's getting with Affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GlassMonolith 

And what about the result when using Canvas Size as previously suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just tried it and imported it into the program I'm sizing it for and yeilded the same result with lines, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the two images. 

With the crop tool, I'm simply expanding the sides directly out. There's pretty much nothing to be inexact with.

What are the Crop Tool’s settings and how do you set the crop box? 

Please post screenshots including the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) of the two images at View > 100% before committing the crop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are photos as files, and then screenshots/pics of both the file in the program (Retropie) I'm importing it to and the file pre-crop in PS.

It's really strange, because I can't get it to show lines in any manner looking at the files in PS. I would think this was an issue with Retropie, but EVERY different photo I crop in PS does this, and every photo cropped in Affinity does not.

Photoshop in Retropie.jpg

screenshot of crop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the original raws as files**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no white edge in the png you created (see screenshot) so the problem appears to be with the other application. 

How do you create the png – Save As or Save for Web or …? 

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 08.20.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem with "the issue is with the other program" is that the images exported from Affinity DO NOT have this issue. I totally get it though. I absolutely cannot fathom what the deal is as I've done numerous things trying to figure out how the heck it's even coming up with those lines because I can't see them in anything else at all.

I'm doing Save for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines