• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop extremelly slow on Windows 11 [Public Beta]

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Since I've updated to the Windows 11 beta (21H2), Photoshop is extremelly slow and lagging making it almost impossible to work.

I've already tried unninstalling and reinstalling everything, and change settings (gpu acceleration, cache, etc) but nothing solves this issue.

Does anyone else is having the same problems?

My setup is: Windows 11 Pro - Public Beta (21H2), Ryzen 7 3700x, GTX 1070ti, 32gb ram, Photoshop 22.4.3

I don't have any issues with Premiere and After Effects, but Illustrator is also lagging.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Photoshop etc... are not yet certified to run on Win 11 beta.

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

@alanc94157700 

Here's Adobe Help for Windows 11.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Generally speaking, it's a good idea to wait to change your OS until you hear that it's stable and works with your software.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this... I'm updating hardware this weekend so I'll get back to you after all is done and let you know if things are better.. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to load PS latest and going back a few versions for quite sometime.  I got hold of Adobe support who had a look remotely and essentially it's a compatibility issue with W11, which they are working on.  My laptop uses the MX250 graphics card and it's not happy.  Oddly LRc and apps such as Davinci Resolve, DxO Photolab, OBS do not have any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alanc94157700 

Here's Adobe Help for Windows 11.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Generally speaking, it's a good idea to wait to change your OS until you hear that it's stable and works with your software.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We strongly recommend you wait until we have released a compatible version of your app."

Couldn't be any clearer, really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. We really need to wait for the updated then. I hope it won'r take a long time.

Meanwhile I reverted back to W10 until it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here

My setup: Core i 7 10700, RTX3060Ti, 32GB RAM, Photoshop 22.5.1, Windows 11 Pro 22000.194

It's slow [slang profanity removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I legit hope they get this addressed sooner rather than later. It's not like they haven't had access to the OS for a while. Photoshop and Indesign I haven't found are too bad, but Illustrators performance is 100% terrible, esp if you have any of the other apps open at the same time. Never a problem with my Rig under Windows 10 tbh. Thankfully I'm not using the Home Rig all that much versus remoting into the Office and using the Workstation there, however I had to do some Indesign and Illustrator this weekend and it was painful. It doesn't feel like the applications are leveraging either the system Cores, GPU or System RAM effectively and in fact are trying to bogart all the system resources themselves whenever you move between them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win11 public release version has not been available until quite recently (Oct 4 or 5). 

Beta (test) versions are not complete and thus not suitable for production work.

I would not be tempted to upgrade from Win10 to Win11 for at least 2-3 months until all the dust settles.  It's unlikely that MS will have sorted all the bugs before then.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have installed Photoshop CS5 and Photoshop 2022 on windows 11 (21H2) and I don't feel any slowdown with any of them running alone.

It could be because my computer is a little over the top with memory. 

I have 128 gigs on an intel core I7 3.8 gig Intel.

Motherboard MEG Z490 UNIFY (MS-7C71) from MSI.  wth a 2 TB SSD disc

My graphic card is a second-hand NVIDIA Quadro K2200 card. running 2 HD monitors and one Cintiq 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines