• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop for purchase

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a fine art painter with a studio with no internet; don't really need it.  Is there a fairly recent version of photoshop available for purchase on disc? A version with a spot healing tool for instance, CS2 and up? For years I've been using Photoshop 7.  I am sure that a recent version would better serve me with my reference photos.

Thank you !!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Artistic anto, you may want to consider Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is available for purchase. I do not use PS Elements but several of my photographer friends do use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can subscribe to the Photography Plan which includes the latest version of Photoshop (21.1.3) plus upgardes as they become available and Lightroom and storage for around $10 a month. You download it to your computer and use it in the usual way. So you don't need to be connected to use it, just to download it and around once a month for Adobe to check you're up-to-date with your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is no. Only CC subscription is available. Any copy of CS6 and earlier you might come across now will be pirated and illegal.

Just hook up a cell phone once a month for the license check. The rest of the time you don't have to be connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artistic anto, you may want to consider Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is available for purchase. I do not use PS Elements but several of my photographer friends do use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed).  Elements is geared more towards amateurs so the learning curve isn't steep.  But it's a huge improvement over CS2.
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription).  Includes Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic + 20GB of Creative Cloud storage and Adobe Portfolio for showcasing examples of your  work online.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try Photoshop Elements to see if it meets your needs.  It can be purchased.

[Typos & spelling edited by moderator.]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone! Very kind!! I safely purchased Elements 2020 from the Adobe online store (hopefully they sold me a real one haha) and loaded it on my computer at home.  I think Elements is perfect for me.  Though I thought they would send me a disk...now how do I load it on my computer offline in the studio?  It seems to me that I need to be online constantly to use it.  Just confused.  Clearly not a computer savvy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the installer, so copy it onto a USB key. I think you will need to go online to activate the software, that’s part of proving ownership. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was hoping that for a buy to own pruduct we would receive the whole thing on a disk like the old good times and not deal with Adobe anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Photoshop CS was released, activation (really, checking your serial number is valid online, hasn't been blocked, and hasn't already been installed by someone else) has been mandatory. You used to be able to do this offline by phone but those days are long gone, because everyone has internet, right? (Irony)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha, right! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines