• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezing at startup on Halide Bottlenecks

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open photoshop and the program is frozen on "Adding extension... Halide Bottlenecks" has this happened to anyone else and is there any way to fix this problem...I am working on a deadline and need Photoshop to open as soon as possible...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 5 hours on the phone with Adobe techs, they tried everything short of removing all Adobe files from every area on my machine. They determined it was a corrupt Apple user account, and told me to call Apple. Apple said there is no such thing as a corrupt user account. I knew this. They had me start up the machine in safe mode, and Adobe software would not launch. I suspected all along that it was a corrupted Adobe file somewhere. I removed all files with the name Adobe and files associated with Adobe software. Then I restarted my machine, reinstalled all of the Adobe software, and it worked fine. A word of advice. If you buy a Mac with the M1 chip and you have used Adobe software for many years, your files that support Adobe software are probably not going to jive with the new Mac at some point in the near future. Prepare to start from scratch rather than rely on your files that install when you pull everything from your backup. Also remove all Adobe references from you Keychain as well. Happy again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They determined it was a corrupt Apple user account, and told me to call Apple. Apple said there is no such thing as a corrupt user account.

============

I don't know where Apple finds their so-called "Geniuses" but a corrupt computer user account is fairly common.  And it's not exclusive to Macs.  Windows users have to create new user profiles, too. 

How to fix corrupt user accounts in macOS

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

delete Adobe Preferences folder in (/user/Library/), and done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines