Exit

Photoshop > Preferences > Plugins > Enable Generator

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my Photoshop > Preferences > Plugins > Enable Generator

The Enable Generator is checked and there is a Service Name filled in plus a 4 digit password.

When I try to delete the Service Name and 4 digit password (the 4 digit password does not delete).

I have not installed any outside plug-ins. I did download a free mockup file from Behance. 

I have no idea where that Service Name and password is coming from... and want to delete anything that could cause issues or compromise security. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generator is a Photoshop feature that when enabled will generate image assets based on how you format the names of layers. It is a plugin that comes with Photoshop. Using it does not require a remote connection, so Enable Remote Connections can be deselected.

If you want an external application to be able to connect to Photoshop, then select Enable Remote Connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I am curious where that 4 digit password comes from and why it cannot be deleted or changed?

The password field even recommends a minimum of 6 digits.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That password is just a placeholder attribute. An example basically. You see those in a lot of text input form fields. It's not anything anyone set up secretly, it's simply just there for show.  I know this is a very old post, but I might as well answer since it's not locked or anything lol. I hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it helped me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines