• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop has become a nightmare in my class

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last year my 7th and 8th graders used Photoshop 2017 without any problems.  Unfortunately my computer guys deleted that version of Photoshop and loaded Photoshop 2018 onto my student PCs.  We started the Photoshop lessons three weeks ago and we have not yet finished the first one-day lesson.  Our experience with Photoshop 2018 was plagued with constant memory errors; errors we never experienced with Photoshop 2017 last year.  Some students received memory errors when they tried to open Photoshop, some had errors when they tried to use the paintbrush, or other tool, and some students had errors when they tried to save their final drawing.  Oh yes, we also had errors importing a picture of a leaf (jpg format) that we used last year.  This error has occurred with a lot of jpg pictures my students have tried.

Last weekend my IT guru reloaded Photoshop 2017.  What changed in Photoshop 2017 over the year.  My students had no problems with the version of Photoshop loaded around January of 2017.  Today my students were excited to be able to use the same product we used last year (or we thought we used last year).  Once again many of my students were plagued with memory errors and with being unable to import the starting picture.  I was able to change the baseline picture but I cannot seem to get around the memory errors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction - Last year Photoshop 2017 was loaded in the Fall of 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what you mean by memory errors? What exact error messages are you getting?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017 had many bugs and many updates were released.  I removed  CC 2017 after  some updates to CC 2018 made CC 2018 as usable as 2017 was for me.     CC 2018 still has bugs,  CC 2019 has more.   I still have CS6 and CC 2014 installed.   They are very reliable and stable.  But they do require their Updates to be installed.  I do not need any of the new features in CC 2018 or CC 2019.   I do test CC 2019.  I can always fall back on CS6 and CC 2014 to do  what I need to do. With each new release of Photoshop user get changes feature, new features and old and new bugs.  You should make it a pratice to keep old reliable version of Photoshop installed. Play with the new and work with what works.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping an older version of Photoshop is what I do as well.  I have Photoshop 2018 installed as well as 2019,  since I still have slowness issues using brushes in 2019.  Taking the steps already brought up to speed things up helped immensely but there's still a lag that hurts the spontaneity of my illustration work.  I'll move more towards the newer edition as more updates come out that address the issues people have been experiencing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also tried the Edit > Purge > All recommendation in another post and it does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to help us help you with each of your problems.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM;
  • Crash reports, etc
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your Photoshop Preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop Preferences.

If that doesn't solve the issue come back here for more suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David - as per davescm's request in post #2, you need to provide the exact error message. Nobody here can help you until you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Seems like you describing some lack of memory in your PCs, so that might Photoshop might not be working good. Ask to your IT department if they are imposing some memory/storage management limitation. It might be useful give Photoshop a special folder where you students can save their work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking we need to know what operating system these computers are using?  If they are Macs using Mojave, for instance, that could be part of the problem.  Otherwise davidp75469228 if you give us specifics, there's a good chance we can help you fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess: you have Windows 10.  A recent update causes memory errors in all the old versions of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines