• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop having issues with detecting tip-up

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about the last week or so Photoshop CC 2022 has been having issues with detecting when I lift my Pro Pen Slim off the screen of my Wacom Cintiq Pro 13. Photoshop is interpreting me hovering my pen above the screen as a full input, which has been causing issues with everything.

I cannot complete a brush stroke without lifting the pen a comically large distance from the screen. I cannot select anything without immediately lifting my pen perpendicularly to the screen otherwise I end up dragging something. Chosing colours from the colour panel is difficult as if I dont lift my pen 5cm from the screen after picking the colour, it just drags the picker to a different part of the hue cube.

This is a Photoshop-specific issue with specifically cintiq's as my Wacom One works perfectly fine, and both my Pro Pen 2 and Pro Pen Slim work fine in other software on my Cintiq.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add: I have tried reinstalling both my wacom drivers and photoshop, neither of which have helped with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you tried resetting how your Wacom pen interacts with Photoshop, using the Wacom interface to draw a sample line? Did that make any difference?

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Please read this and back up your preferences before you do: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that helps!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the worst scenario you can try to reinstall completely photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

but I think it is a graphic tablet driver related issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's fascinating. I looked at the diagnostic panel for my wacom drivers to see if there's any input coming through at greater distances from the screena dn I didn't see anything odd. I hadn't tried looking at the sample section of the settings. It seems to be producing a very thin line even when my pen isnt on the screen which makes this a driver issue.

I have already tried completely reinstalling photoshop and its preferences meaning it shouldnt be an issue.

This pen issue must be with my wacom drivers specifically for the Cintiq Pro series. Thanks for bringing this to my attention mglush and Francesco. I'll update you once I reinstall my tablet drivers again to see if the issue persists. If it doesn it's either a hardware issue or a software bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a software issue with the drivers, and it'll probably get fixed in the near future. The driver detects continuous input if the pressure curve goes below a certain threshold - which is odd as my pressure wasn't set to going down completly to 0, which seems to have become an issue with recent updates to the driver. This wasn't an issue in the past, which is why I assumed it as a Photoshop related issue.

Thank's everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines