• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop, illustrator sdk being discontinued?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been learning C++ and was starting to consider writing plugins for Photoshop and Illustrator but I just read something about the SDKs being discontinued.

Is is it going to be no longer possible to write plugins soon?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

That is one or two specific SDK's related to our cloud services. Photoshop, Illustrator and most Desktop products have no plans to remove SDK functionality. It all shifts a bit when the OS changes but the core of the API's will be around for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you hear that? Don't tell my boss that as I'll be out of a job.

Not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to this

End of Support for the Creative SDK Content Management, Workflow, and Authentication Components – Ad...

Hopefully I just read it wrong. For someone who has only just started looking into the Adobe SDK, this reads like maybe the SDK is going away.

So I guess a better way to ask what I was wondering is whether this announcement about End of Support for the Creative SDK means that the SDK for writing Photoshop/Illustrator plug-ins is going away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one or two specific SDK's related to our cloud services. Photoshop, Illustrator and most Desktop products have no plans to remove SDK functionality. It all shifts a bit when the OS changes but the core of the API's will be around for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on the subject, I got the email about the version of photoshop being discontinued but, I do not understand this legal statement,

Please be aware that should you continue to use the discontinued version of Photoshop 18.1.6 (or earlier) you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties.

Can someone clarify what kind of 3rd party could be claiming infringement for using older versions of Photoshop? Why would I, as a user be at risk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My question didn’t relate to what you are asking, you may want to start a new thread about it. Up to you of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines