• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop image gets blurry after I commit transform

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image was clear at that time. When I resized it, it was clear and I clicked commit transform it turn blurry

Resized (Havent click commit transform)

Sciencio5EC6_1-1636689046870.png

After commit transform

Sciencio5EC6_0-1636689031759.png

How can I fix this? Did i set the settings wrongly? I set this to 1920x1080 with landscape mode

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Hi, did you select neirest neighbor as the resizing algorithm (for pixel based images, go to edit>Preferences>General Image Interpolation ,and select Neirest Neighbor? Did you scale an even number of pixels?

If using image size, see: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/how-to-resize-pixel-art-in-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you select neirest neighbor as the resizing algorithm (for pixel based images, go to edit>Preferences>General Image Interpolation ,and select Neirest Neighbor? Did you scale an even number of pixels?

If using image size, see: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/how-to-resize-pixel-art-in-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That reminds me that i need to follow up on a FR... why do we still not have an interpolation dropdown for smart objects? We've got one for regular layers, but SOs have to be changed in the Prefs? So silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all layer are resized by interpolation.  There are different types of smart Object.  Most are smart objects are  Photoshop object so Photoshop would render Pixels for the object and  the Smart object layers pixels would be  transformed and warped by Photoshop for the layers pixels the scaling would be via Interpolation. Even Camera RAW objects Pixels that were rendered by ACR would be resized and warped  by Photoshop  interpolation method.   However, there are also what Adobe calls vector smart objects these are not scaled by Adobe transform interpolation.   There are no vector in photoshop for these smart object layers however there are vectors in the object file so Photoshop reprocesses the vector object file to import the images the correctly resize to size using vector graphics.   A smart objects layer pixel are not always the results of interpolation.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and? If interpolation options are not applicable for a vector SO layer, then the dropdown i want would just be greyed out. But there's no reason that the SO interpolation dropdown should be in the prefs instead of the options bar like it is for normal layers. This would also allow us to have different interpolation options per SO layer instead of globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a preferences for your default interpolation method in Photoshop preferences. I do change my from Adobe Default Bicubic Automatic. For Smart object its good fine you can try all of then. For the smart Object actual pixels are hardened and can not be changed you can redo the transform as many time the you want its  not a destructive operation on on smart object layer.

When I script Transforms I save the users current setting  and change their preference to Bicubic for I feel that the best general purpous method. I do the transform then restore the users preference.

Transforming a pixel layer there is an  option and if you want to redo the transform  to get it right its best to backup in history first, for its a destructive process each transform degrade the layer more if you do not back up in history.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, i've been a photoshop professional since v1, retouching for many of the worlds largest brands. It should be obvious that i know what i'm talking here with regards to smart objects and interpolation options. What i'm saying is that you're wasting your time trying to educate me about SOs. 
If you still don't understand what i'm requesting here, it's that the interpolation options are added to the Options bar when a SO is transformed. There's no reason that the options shouldn't be available in the options bar. In fact, we shouldn't even need to activate a transfrom to change interpolation on a SO, it should just always be available to change in the options bar when a SO layer is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff! I believe I filed the official request some years ago too, but it may have been so long ago that it got lost in the migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys for the late reply... I set it to nearest neighbour and it worked! Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you  want. I feel that what you want its minor because it can be done as Photoshop stands. That it is more important for Adobe to get  Photoshop working well again the should first finish  converting Photoshop code to work using Microsoft DirectX and Apple Metal and make Photoshop operation  consistent on both platform's stop adding compatibility issue that require Adobe to add back in legacy operation. Now Photoshop is a jigsaw puzzle to use we have to chose  so now you want Photoshop to behave,  Many users need to disable Photoshop new code like native canvas because of computability with some hardware.  Removing features like 3D export SVG changing tools, and user interfaces like Save As is very disruptive and makes Photoshop incompatible with Adobe customers Photoshop assets.  Photoshop new code to support our hardware like GPU Processors need a lot of work currently  current code a mine field ready to blow up on  users. Thankfully  I have CS6 and PS 2020 I can count on working well.   PS 2021 and 2022 seems to be works in progress there as so many new and old issues.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can definitely agree with all of that!

The entire app is just a giant frankenstein now and i really with they had devoted all their resources to a complete rewrite instead of making an iPad app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sciencio5EC6 any news, were you able to try other algorithms for resizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines