• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Intermittent Pressure Issues - Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if this is lag or if it's an issue regarding Photoshop's pressure sensitivity.  

OS - Windows 64b [Updated]

Wacom Cintiq 22HD [Current Drivers]
Adobe Photoshop CC [Updated]

Windows Ink Workaround [begrudgingly implemented, seriously how can wacom and windows not play nice at this point]

Graphics Card GeForce GTX 960  [Current Drivers]

Scratch Disk set to 1.5TB HD

75% RAM allocated for Photoshop (I usually only have music open)

50 History States (pretty low in my field) 7 Cache Levels with 1024K Tile Size

Basically for about a week, every few strokes in photoshop with either the paintbrush or eraser it registers full pressure, especially if I make those markes in quick succession. There was another thread created about this issue here:  
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/randomly-losing-pressure-sensitivity-in-photoshop/td-p/3068...
Its original post was 2010 and the last response was 2019.  I've attempted all the fixes people responded with to no avail. Ive tried a fresh install of Photoshop and CC and it didn't disappear either. My photoshop also randomly resets my hotkey preferences, I'm not sure if this is related, but I noticed this morning that I had moments without the sensitivity issue until I reset my keybindings to what I am used to using.  None of those keybindings are related to the brush:

I prefer Ctrl + Alt + Z for Undo
I disable the keybinding of "p" for pen

I use Ctrl + W for warp
I use Ctrl +F to flip image horizontally

I use Ctrl +X to flip canvas horizontally

I use "d" to bring up the foreground color picker

I know that all seems unrelated, but I wanted to give as much info as I could becauset his problem has seriously interrupted my workflow and I can't find a solution. Is there any reason why my Photoshop would start to lag starting last week out of the blue? All other graphically intensive work I do doesn't cause a problem, it's only Photoshop.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the intermittent pen pressure issue with Photoshop, and thanks for sharing all the information with us.

As you've already tried multiple steps, have you tried updating the graphics drivers from Nvidia's website and see if it helps?

You may also try updating the Wacom drivers and see how it goes.

If that does not help, then try reinstalling Photoshop and let us know if it helps with the issue.

You may also check the steps mentioned as correct here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/pen-pressure-issues/td-p/6211904?page=1

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

As stated in my original post, I've already updated my graphics drivers and wacom drivers. I've also made the plain text file to work around windows ink. None of those solutions  have worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, we have a bug on it and are fixing it ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Are you a member of the Adobe team?  I only ask because your profile doesn't designate you as one and its 2020 so I have to do extra work to weed out trolls (no offense) Were you responding to the bug of the pressure issue or the resetting of the keybindings? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am, no offense taken.  Not sure why my account profile here doesn't show it.  Responding to the pressure issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. Glad it's getting looked at, a coworker of mine has now also reported the problem. Keep up the good work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  It's really nice to hear the encouragement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the latest mini-update today supposed to fix the pen pressure issues?  While it's better, it's still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm I kinda take that back, it's just as bad especially with quick succession small strokes (like OP says)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the fix isn't out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I foudn this post from 2 years ago and the problem still persists. Is there a fix to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't the only one, I made a post about it shortly after the 21.1.2 update (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/randomly-losing-pressure-sensitivity-with-photoshop/m-p/110...) but this thread by another member got more traction and has some discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/randomly-losing-pressure-sensitivity-with-photoshop/m-p/110...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reverted to previous versions and I'm still getting this issue. The software feels unusable at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines