• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is adding a black stroke to all vector shapes.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether I am creating any new vector shape, or editing one created previously, Photoshop is adding a black stroke. So everytime I am dealing with shapes I am constantly having to turn off the black stroke. When I come back to a saved document, I will then have to remove the black stroke from any shape I edit all over again. Oddly the stroke is not visible until I attempt to edit or change its color, though it does indicate it's there in the Properties panel. It's very annoying. This is one of many problems I am having when I updated Adobe to 2021 version. 

I am using:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB

Photoshop 22.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of what I am seeing.

ps-stroke-issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly neither of these worked. I reset all preferences and I really never use the styles panel, but even when removing styles the black stroke still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, every time I select an existing shape it turns on a black stroke. I have to turn it off every single time I re-select that shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have the same issue. To be clear, it's not the same thing as when a new shape inherits the fill and stroke of the last shape you created. This is adding a black stroke to existing shapes that were created before the update. 

I even tested this on a file that was created 2 years ago. Opened it up and a 1px black stroke is "technically" applied to live shapes. 

It doesn't actually apply it to the shape in the workspace unless I change the fill of the shape, this seems to trigger it to add the lurking 1px black stroke to the shape. See image attached. Just noticed James has posted images of the same thingps-stroke-bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I cannot find a work around. 

I'm going to try updating the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I am pretty sure it is happening with the latest update they sent out. Driving me crazy. Anytime you change a color is auto puts a black stroke on the shape. I wish they would fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I've updated to 22.1.0 and it didn't fix the issue. Hopefully next update, as this problem is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines