• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is buggy 'edited'

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please fix Photoshop! Multiple features are buggy 'edited' Cropping is weirding out on me all of a sudden, with dimensions flipping, and straighteneing holding 45 degree angles. Perspetive warp keeps flipping images upside down, but not the actual handles, so you have to guess at where to put them. It is slooow rendering everything (no, it's not my RAM or computer). I begrudgingly paid to upgrade to these wonderful new CC programs after much debate in my head over whether it was worth it. While I appreciate the advancements tremendously, I cannot stand working with buggy programs, and don't believe that Adobe should be releasing these updates without adequate testing. Don't charge us for SaaS, and then realease junk! Your programs used to be solid back when we were allowed to actually purchase them and own them. Ugh. Also, my wacom pen tablet half-functions like a finger. Put it back! A pen tablet should function like a pen tablet. Always.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Hi @Rosemary... I can tell you are on Windows from your reply. This has nothing to do with your Wacom tablet or the software.

looking at your specs there is one thing that stands out - your graphics card does not meet requirements for current photoshop builds. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
your GT 730 is not DirectX 12 compatible and much slower than the

minimum recommended 2000 ops/sec speed - it clocks in under 850. 
If you expect to run current software yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rosemary... a lot to unpack here.

First - what version of Photoshop are you running? The lastest release should have addressed the pespective warp issue.

With the rendering speed, can you go to Photoshop Help menu/system info and paste the details here? While you states its not my RAM or computer, this will give us a clearer version of what is going on. 

As for the Wacom tablet, you haven't even told us if you are Windows or Mac so the only suggestion I can give is to upgrade your Wacom drivers. There was a buggy driver update from Wacom back in December that was addressed recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of Photoshop, as far as I can tell. CC says I am up to date and updates my programs regularly. The perspective warp issue is definitely not fixed. It is flipping my images upside down.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.1 20230112.r.238 4bbfa7a x64
Number of Launches: 19
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19045.2486
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2
Physical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2712 MHz
Built-in memory: 32675 MB
Free memory: 20945 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 25116 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %
Crash Handler: Adobe
DCX Version: 6.15.3
SAM SDK Version: 2.0.0-main.1564
ACP.local Status:
- SDK Version: 2.11.0
- Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible
- Core Sync Running: 6.2.0.5
- Min Core Sync Required: 4.3.66.28
Live Edit Client SDK Version: 3.91.3
Content Credential Helper Version: 0.5.3
Manta Canvas: Enabled.
Alias Layers: Disabled.
Modifier Palette: Enabled.
Highbeam: Disabled.
Wintab Digitizer Services
Spec Version 1.4
Impl Version 1.39
Num Devices 1
Image tile size: 1024K
Image cache levels: 4
Font Preview: Large
HarfBuzz Version: 4.3.0
TextEngine: Unified Text Engine
======= GPU
Native API stable: True
OpenGL API stable: True
OpenCL API stable: True
D3D12Warp renderer: False
GPUDeny: 0
GPUForce: 0
useGPU: 1
useOpenCL: 1
isGPUCapable: 1
GPUName: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
GPUVendor: NVIDIA
IsNativeGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenGLGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenCLGPUCapable: 1
HasSufficientRAM: 1
GPU accessible RAM: 2,104 MB
Required GPU accessible RAM: 1,500 MB
UseGraphicsProcessorChecked: 1
UseOpenCLChecked: 1
Windows remote desktop: 0
Display: 1
Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1200, right=1920
------- Sniffer output
[0 ms]
Launch GPUSnifferThread

I haven't even told you if I'm runing Windows or Mac, because it shouldn't matter, and did not seem relevant. My Wacom drivers are up to date and I have no issues with other programs outside of Adobe CC programs (except browsers, which seem to refuse to treat pen tablets properly). The issue I'm having is mostly with selecting things. There is a lag, and often I have to press and hold, or have issues selecting text. I am so tired of prorgams treating a pen tablet like a finger or stylus. It is fundamental to design for me, and used to work perfectly with older versions of software. I don't understand why newer versions of software can't get it right. I want it back. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rosemary... I can tell you are on Windows from your reply. This has nothing to do with your Wacom tablet or the software.

looking at your specs there is one thing that stands out - your graphics card does not meet requirements for current photoshop builds. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
your GT 730 is not DirectX 12 compatible and much slower than the

minimum recommended 2000 ops/sec speed - it clocks in under 850. 
If you expect to run current software you'll need to upgrade your GPU or contact Adobe support for an earlier install (2020 or earlier) of the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am very aware my graphics card is old. I am not talking about rendering anything major, I expect slower speeds for bigger jobs. I'm just seeing slow speeds for simple tasks, like placing text and simple filters (not neural). As far as the Wacom tablet, are you saying its finger-like behavior is due to my graphics card? Because that doesn't make any sense. Also, it functions fine in other programs. It behaves differently in Adobe programs and I'd appreciate it if you'd just report the bugs/concerns to Adobe so they can be looked into. Also, the perspective warp is still funky, and has not been resolved with the recent update, as I stated.

I really don't need answers here, so much as I'd like bugs/concerns to be addressed by Adobe. Please pass the info along. I LOVE Adobe programs, but it is so frustrating to be a paying customer and be tripped up by the software when it used to be so reliable and solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @Rosemary... you posted on the community discussion board which is user-to-user based and we're volunteers not Adobe employees. I thought you'd like to resolve your issues instead of talking down to people trying to help you. Have a good night. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I do not mean to make you feel talked down to. I feel a bit the same, starting with your first reply. I think text makes things sound different than speaking in real life. I am truly just frustrated and realize there is no resolution in talking to you here, as far as perspective warp and the Wacom functionality. You are homing in on my graphics card (and I understand it is old and some things will be slower), which is totally understandable, but I've brought up several issues and they aren't all being addressed. And that makes sense if something is a a real issue, like how perspective warp is a known issue that hasn't been resolved. Please don't take this personally. I did not know you were not an Adobe employee, which is why I asked to pplease have bug information passed along. I initially posted in a bug thread, but kglad moved my post to discussion, before you answered me. I didn't post here on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rosemary... 

you can report yourself that you think ps should run faster on computers that don't meet specs;

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rude and not what I am asking about. I also posted initially in a bug thread and you moved my post. I am bringing up two real issues I'm having that have nothing to do with my graphics card. Perspective warp and Wacom funtionality. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosemary,

If in photoshop you go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews... enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - and restart Photoshop, does that make any difference with your issues?

Screenshot-(1072).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion! I appreciate it. It is different, but not better, after changing the settings. Perspective warp no longer flips upside down, but it behaves like transform > perspective (not surprising), where the handles don't move independently, and it's a one-step process. So that doesn't really help. And the display is actually worse - slow menu flyout, resizing window is choppy, etc. I will keep playing with it on the older setting to see if the pen tablet performs better. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines