Exit

Photoshop is flashing when moving the cursor

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I recently recognized a problem when using photoshop:

The top part of every picture I'm working on is flashing whenever I move the cursor (see attached video). If I zoom out a lot the problem is gone, but I need to zoom in to work on the picture. 

I tried the following already;

- restart computer

- uninstall and reinstall photoshop

- update macOS

- make sure my photoshop is compatible  with my CPU 

- free up some space on my macbook

... non of these made a difference 😞

I don't know what else to try. It was working perfectly before and I only realized this problem now (did the macOS update after I realized the problem).

Does anyone have an idea what to do in order to fix the problem? I'm grateful for every idea cause I need photoshop on a regular basis for my job and I can't really use it like it is now 😞

Thanks in advance, Silke

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Hi

Looks like it's a GPU related issue, you could try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-09-23 16_27_33-Window.png

If that doesn't help try a preference reset

2022-09-23 16_28_00-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looks like it's a GPU related issue, you could try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-09-23 16_27_33-Window.png

If that doesn't help try a preference reset

2022-09-23 16_28_00-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ged! 

Your first idea worked - yay!!! 

Thanks for the quick fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me too! many thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this ans it stopped flashing, but now I can't move the file around the screen as I used to with the spacebar.. the file stays in the same place, and the scroll bar disappeared as well 😕

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.38.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some suggestions from Adobe for GPU issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Another possible option: Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Deactivating Native Canvas and also tried clicking off Use Graphic Processor in Performance preference. Both of these worked but slowed down Photoshop and disabled the Artboard tool. Simply resetting the preferences worked on both versions of Photoshop I'm running. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending weeks fiddling with G-SYNC settings, Performance settings, and even replacing my monitor cable.. this one did the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Resetting the preferences worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening on my laptop and I thought I was going to go mad. Finally I realized it was because my Pshop window was open "beyond" the monitor frame. When I made it fit into the window, the flashing resolved. This happened because I accidentally switched to full screen mode and when hit "escape" to get out of full screen, it didn't reduce my window in proportion to my laptop monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines