• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is killing my computer. No other issues with any software. Please help. :)

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
I am hoping this is something really stupid.  
I have an Alienware R5 with tons and tons of ram, and a 49" Samsung CHG90 curved ultrawide.
I don't think the monitor has anything to do with this, because it had the same problem prior.
Photoshop runs terribly on this massively powerful VR machine.  I play the wildest memory and graphical intensive games, and it has 0 issues whatsoever. As soon as I start photoshop, it turns into mollasses.  Hanging, text cursor sticking, or doing nothing at all, menus loading slow. Pretty much everything has a massive lag in it.
Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Its driving me NUTS!
Thanks in advance, as always!
E

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Also, please try optimizing Photoshop're performance and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any proper system info , no-one can really help you. Statements like "tons and tons of ram" are pretty meaningless.

In Photoshop, please go to Help > System info and press copy. Then paste the info here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Preferences, how big is your scratch disk and how much RAM are you allocating to PS?

Go to Edit Preferences > Performance and disable Graphics processor.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just kill all Adobe apps! Now I have another machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines