• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is to small in windows 11 in monitor 32

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm switching to Windows, the problem is that I can't have the same UI size as on the mac, on the same 32" 4k monitor. It's too small, I've tried UI Scaling 200% and not change.
Also in the properties " Hig DPI scaling behavior for Sistem, but it also does nothing, does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on the mac, are those the same settings in Photoshop, and the same screen resolution?

Did you try scaling the UI of programs in Windows as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same, it's curious that on the mac we don't have an option for UI scale at 200%, but it scales more.

uyuy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, scaling in Photoshop is taken from the operating system i.e. Windows > Settings > System > Display > Scale

Do not adjust compatibility settings etc for the application as that impacts the image as well as the user interface

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop follows the scaling factor you set in Windows settings > system > display, in 25% increments. There is nothing else you need to do!

The UI scaling in Preferences must remain at Auto. Don't touch it. The 200% setting is for older Windows versions and older Photoshop versions that don't support the current scaling (sometime past 2018 or so). Also, do not touch the Properties > compatibility setting.

What sets Photoshop apart from almost every other application and makes it a very special case, is that it has to scale the interface but not the image window. All other applications can just scale everything at once. That's what the Properties setting is for.

In short, just set scaling in Windows Settings. That's it, done.

EDIT cross post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers, I was clarified, and now I understand. However the ui is much smaller, mainly the top menu bar, I have to scale 200% on the Windows system so that it is equivalent to the Mac, on the same 32" LG 4K monitor, but I can't stay at 200% because it is too big for the rest. Is there any solution to make the menu bar bigger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The underlying assumption is that the Photoshop UI is not that different from other applications' UI. So there's no particular reason why you should need special customization for Photoshop. A % scaling factor that generally works for Windows and other apps, should also work for Photoshop.

Judging by the lack of posts about this here in the forum, this apparently works very well. If it simply doesn't work that way, that's a bug and should be reported as such. But before you do - make absolutely sure that you reverse and reset those other settings you have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The interfaces look the same to me, except the menu bar. The menu bar in Mac is always a fixed size, nothing to do with the app. In Windows, the menu bar is part of the app. I see the font in the menu bar on Windows is the same size as the tool bar below it, which looks correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support, very interesting and instructive.
Perhaps the fact that on mac the bar menu is fixed makes all the difference. I'm moving to pc because of abandoned gpu rendering on mac. Not scaling the menu bar isn't the end of the world, but it's embarrassing with a disproportionate UI compared to everything else. It's still a big difference with mac. The other apps don't have this problem, like AI or ID where we can scale the UI.

total2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows are you on? While on Windows 11 and I experienced the same problem, downgrading to Windows 10 fixed the issue. I believe it's a Windows 11 incompatibility issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I have windows 11, still not solved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably need to downgrade to 10. That should fix it, adjusting the UI scaling will not help, unfortunately.

Let's hope Windows fixes the issue ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did a test on Windows 10 and it's perfect, it really is more of a bug than  Win 11, thanks for letting me know, I'll alert Microsoft to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines