• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop laggy after update

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there everybody. So I waited with the update, because of possible lags, but unfortunately because of work I had to update for the newest version. After the update some functions are laggy and slow, specially zooming, brush size and opacity, liquify, spot healing brush is crazy slow and same goes for patch tool and clone stamp. I have no idea what to do, I didn't have this issue before. I restarted preferencies, deleted settings, etc (most of the regular fixes).
Any idea what to do, or should I try to reroll to previous version (if my company will be okay with that)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Nevermind! Found a solution in one of the threads!
1. Go to Preferences -> Technology Preview2. Deactivate "Enable Native Canvas Rulers"
This helped and everything works as before! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

My previous post aside, turning off the technology preview items didn't ultimately work for me either. What worked was maxing up the memory on my iMac. Not only photoshop, but everything else also regained its previous robust performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind! Found a solution in one of the threads!
1. Go to Preferences -> Technology Preview2. Deactivate "Enable Native Canvas Rulers"
This helped and everything works as before! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your solution. My entire system slows down when Photoshop is open—not just Photoshop, but InDesign and even non-Adobe applications. This has happened for a few months, so I think the CC 2022 and 2023 updates have been involved. I just turned off all the Technology Preview options and restarted Photoshop, and things seem good so far. I would be interested in reading the thread where you found this solution. Could you provide a link?

27 inch iMac (late 2015)

OS 12.2.1 Monterey

Photoshop 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I found it somewhere here in Adobe support community. I think it was not in English but the name of the topic was in English, so I used google translator and manage to go from there. I really do not remember what exactly was the name of the topic, so I cannot provide a link 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.

I just upgraded today, everything was working great in the previous version.

waiting 5+ mins for simple tasks to process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My previous post aside, turning off the technology preview items didn't ultimately work for me either. What worked was maxing up the memory on my iMac. Not only photoshop, but everything else also regained its previous robust performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines