• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop massive price increase

New Here ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens to existing subscriptions?  If this increase applies to existing accounts I may have to cancel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting- I just looked and see the $9.99 but an hour ago photoshop only was $19.99

(Phone number removed. Posting personal or business information is not allowed in the forums)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I just checked this as I was also concerned regards the potential price increase. The Photography plan includes the below @ Ā£9.98 per month:

• Lightroom
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Photoshop
  • 20GB of cloud storage

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The $9.99 is still there. and yes, there is also a $19.99 Photoshop single app option, which is the single app option that is available for any single Adobe app, such as InDesign or Illustrator. Back in the day, I used th4 $20 Photoshop on, until the $9.99 became a thing...until my freelance work expanded to where I needed the entire Creative Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davepeeters  wrote

Interesting- I just looked and see the $9.99 but an hour ago photoshop only was $19.99

(Phone number removed. Posting personal or business information is not allowed in the forums)

Photoshop Only, a Single App, has always been $19.99 and will continue to be so. Just like all other Adobe programs, except Lightroom, when bought as a Single Application. Nothing new here.

The Photography Plan that includes LR + PS is still offered at the $9.99 a month cost. Again Nothing New Here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the real story here?

I heard that Adobe doubled the price for *new* subscribers only. Existing subscribers would stay at the current price.

Now as of today, is that increased price is gone already? Did they go back to the regular price ($9.99) ?

What's going on here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From time to time, Adobe run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items, including plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com. In this case only the plan with the higher storage levels, and therefore higher price, was seen by some users. However Adobe the 20GB plan can still be purchased at http://www.adobe.com/go/photo18sptst, via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or via major retailers.

As for whether the 20GB plan will remain in the future, no-one can give you an answer as Adobe never comment on future products and pricing.

Dave                               

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so in other words, when a user browses to adobe.com, their website detects whether that user is a subscribed user or a new user. If it is an already subscribed user, then the webpage that user sees is the usual webpage with the usual prices.

But if is a user with no existing subscription, then the webpage that user sees is the webpage with the new and higher prices.

Does that sound right?

The problem here - is that, how does adobe know if the user who browsed to their webpage is an existing subscriber or not? Is this not breaching privacy? Does this mean that we, as users, must take back control of the privacy of our browsers to not allow this type of information to be broadcasted to sites like adobe.com in the first place? Does it have something to do with all these little unknown  .exe files that seem to start up every time we load Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe website uses cookies, like everyone else.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gangeek  wrote

so in other words, when a user browses to adobe.com, their website detects whether that user is a subscribed user or a new user. If it is an already subscribed user, then the webpage that user sees is the usual webpage with the usual prices.

But if is a user with no existing subscription, then the webpage that user sees is the webpage with the new and higher prices.

Does that sound right?

The problem here - is that, how does adobe know if the user who browsed to their webpage is an existing subscriber or not? Is this not breaching privacy? Does this mean that we, as users, must take back control of the privacy of our browsers to not allow this type of information to be broadcasted to sites like adobe.com in the first place? Does it have something to do with all these little unknown  .exe files that seem to start up every time we load Photoshop?

You are making all kinds of assumptions in your post. All we know is what I wrote - based on feedback from Adobe. Some potential customers are seeing all the plans, some a subset based on higher storage. How they differentiate and who is seeing what is pure conjecture on your part. The bottom line  is that the 20GB plan is still available.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way it looks to me, is that they're testing to see if potential customers turn and walk away at the higher price. IOW, will they lose business and where exactly is the break-even point. Fair enough.

Contrary to what people seem to think, Adobe is really at the cheap end for professional software. I just checked prices for AutoCAD, and it's a staggering $300 a month....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PetaPix ran an article on this on the 2nd, and Jim from ProDesignTools posted explaining that it was a test as others  have stated.

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/02/adobes-10-photography-plan-gone-from-site-cheapest-is-20-month/

There's actually an Adobe forum post about it here

Re: lightroom plan price hike?

Jim's  comment is lost in a sea of other comments now, so to save you the trouble

It would not have made sense to end the Photographers Plan.   With 15 million CC subscribers, of which I bet a pretty good percentage have the Photography plan, that amounts to serious revenue  for Adobe.  If half of those 15M had the Photography Plan, then that is just short of a billion dollars (7.5M X $120 = $900,000,000), and there is too much competition to risk doubling the price of Photoshop.  Krita (free) and Paintstorm Studio ($19) for digital art.  Sketch ($99) if you use OSX, and Affinity ($90) if you just want to tart up your photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Unfortunately, with the way Social media is, someone will read something about Adobe testing this, jump to conclusion, assuming that the price increase is a done deal, spreading that news everywhere, causing more people to freak out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how fake news goes viral.

As the adage goes, don't spoil a good story with facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Contrary to what people seem to think, Adobe is really at the cheap end for professional software. I just checked prices for AutoCAD, and it's a staggering $300 a month....

Or Nuke - over Ā£400 per month. I know it is not a direct comparison to Photoshop but it makes the entire CC package look remarkable value.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even before the move to cloud... I think every version went up in price.

However, for the price one pays for the quality of product it is completely ok.  No other software has can do what Adobe does and having all the cool updates at your finger tips when they are released is amazing.   I would not trade Photoshop for any other photo editing software.  It simply rivals all other software available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 9.99 Photoraphy plan as hobbyist.   If price increases I'll move to Capture 1 which I already own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently own it as well. Iā€™ve been curious of using Affinity and keeping Lightroom. Subscription is getting more expensive when there are options on the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO Price Increase. There is a Drop Down somewhere on that page to change from the 1TB plan to the normal 20GB Photography plan for the same $9.99 a month.

No need to contact customer care. You just aren't reading, and or looking at, all the options available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 7.37.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also as far as I know all current subscriptions are Auto Renewed unless canceled before the renewal date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnā€™t cancel My subscription. Adobe decided to downgrade my subscription without notification. The reason I found out when I tried using Lightroom classic, PS, and directed to subscribe to a new plan as it needed renewal. I have had Lightroom, CC, and PS for the fee of $9.99 1T for several months now. However, even as i tried to upgrade the plan so i can work on photography edits this weekend I couldnā€™t. Tried customer services but that wasnā€™t help at all. I was just iterated on how to upgrade based on Adobeā€˜s help forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Augster001  wrote

I didnā€™t cancel My subscription. Adobe decided to downgrade my subscription without notification. The reason I found out when I tried using Lightroom classic, PS, and directed to subscribe to a new plan as it needed renewal. I have had Lightroom, CC, and PS for the fee of $9.99 1T for several months now. However, even as i tried to upgrade the plan so i can work on photography edits this weekend I couldnā€™t. Tried customer services but that wasnā€™t help at all. I was just iterated on how to upgrade based on Adobeā€˜s help forum.

Sorry but that does not happen (IE downgrading a subscription). A Subscription is a Subscription. It is what you originally paid for. No more no less. There is NO downgrade from the $9.99 a month Photography plan. That includes LR Classic, Photoshop, the use of LR Mobile on iOS and Android devices and the use of LR CC (Cloud Centric, Cloud Based) program on desktop/notebook computers and only 20GB of Adobe Cloud storage, If YOU chose to use that Cloud based version on computers.

Sounds more like you have a licensing problem. And or you have tried to activate the programs on more than 2 computers without first deactivating one of the original 2 computer it has been installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope customer service and technical support may resolve my issue with accessing CC, PS & Lightroom. May it be upgrading and paying $19.99/month. May possible just use Capture one as I own it for dodging and burning portraits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines