• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Menu Item Displays Incomplete Keyboard Shortcut

Engaged ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is unable to display the full keyboard shortcut next to the menu time.

For example, the keyboard shortcut control+shift+F7 should appear immediately next to the Image Processor menu item. Instead, it only displays control+shift.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this so that the full keyboard shortcut displays next to the Image Processor menu item?

Imac M1

OSX Ventura 13.14

Photoshop  24.5.0

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.37.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.38.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-31 at 7.39.27 PM.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i've noticed that with several keyboard shortcuts like for Edit>Fill which is Shift+F5, but only Shift is shown.

Only seems to be on the Mac side running macOS Ventura 13.x.x

2022 Mac Studio

MacOS Ventura 13.4

Photoshop 2023 (ps ver 24.5)

short.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know Jeff. I don't have this issue with Intel-based Macs running OSX Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it possibly be an OS specific UI setting? Font scale, size, resolution etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

This is a follow-up about the same issue. I am still having incomplete keyboard shortcut issues after updating to Photoshop 2024. The Photoshop interface displays the modifier keys only and omits the F key number in the keyboard shortcut label.

For example: 

After assigning the keyboard shortcut Cmd+F19 to the Image Processor… 

The Photoshop menu displays Cmd without the F19

Unsuccessful workarounds

OSX Ventura 13.6

• Create a new user account to test
  • Restart device

Photoshop

• Reset preference file
  • Uninstall/reinstall Ps
  • Create a new work space
  • Export/Import presets
  • Inspect the keyboard shortcut file 
    • Photoshop Defaults (modified) Copy.kys (The shortkut cmd+f19 is listed in the file)
    •  Edit file by hand
  • Refresh the dropdown menu in Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus settings UI
  • Restart Photoshop

So far nothing is working and I having the same issue with the iMac 2021 and Mac Mini 2018 with OSX Ventura 13.6.

On the other hand, I am able to add full shortcuts to Bridge 2024 using the new Keyboard Shortcut Feature.

I am including a few screenshots for reference.

The question is how do find out where the issue is located to fix it?

Assign shortcut

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 2.57.03 AM.png

Incomplete menu shortcut

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 2.58.38 AM.png

Inspect the keyboard shortcut file

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 3.54.17 AM.png

Assign a keyboard shortcut to Bridge 2024 using the new Keyboards Shortcuts feature shows the full shortcut label

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 4.17.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all,

Today I posted a follow-up question about keyboard shortcuts in the general Photoshop discussion forum. The issue has to do with incomplete keyboard shortcut labels in Photoshop.

I would like to ask the developer community for feedback or suggestions to troubleshoot this persistent issue. Here is the link to the question.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-menu-item-displays-incomple...

Many thanks for your help.

[Duplicate posts merged by moderator. Please continue in the same thread.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Polycontrast 

It seems to be an issue in macOS13.

janee_0-1696596955002.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I updated the Mac OSX to Sonama, but I am still having the same issue. The function key number does not display. Only the modifier keys are displayed in the shortcut label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This afternoon I did a clean install on iMac M1 2021. Reinstalled Photoshop, and I am still unable to display the full keyboard shortcut including the Function key number. I was hoping the clean install would fix the issue.

Does anyone have any other ideas to fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure the issue is with macOS Ventura and Sonoma and requires Apple and/or Adobe to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent 2 hrs with Adobe tech support and they were not able to fix it. I am curious if other Mac users are having this issue with OSX Ventura or Sonoma. I did not have this issue when the iMac was running OSX Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines