• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop mockup with external link to image folder

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm creating a mockup in photoshop and the problem is that I can't make photoshop remember the link to the source file which if it is changed, when I open the .psd project it has to open it with the replaced image directly in the folder, instead it opens always the old image, how can I solve it? Thank you very much to anyone who wants to help me and dedicate a few minutes of their time to me.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the .psd project, why do I necessarily have to click on "embed" to see the new image that I replaced in the source folder?

Is there a way to have potosphop open the updated .psd project file directly?

Sorry for my English, but I'm Italian. Thank you

Screenshot 2023-10-23 122402.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SanchezMusics,
It seems like you are seeing expected behavior with updated linked smart objects on open. However, you don't need to Embed, but should update the contents.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-smart-objects.html#linked-smart-object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines