Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: no preview of adjustment layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I use the latest version of Photoshop, the imac 27inch MacOS high sierra system.

All adjustment layers, during adjustment, are not displayed on the image. That is, there is no preview.
The effect of the layers is shown only after their adjustment and application.

For example, I’m setting up a gradient map - the image does not change, just don’t move the sliders. But after acceptance - the settings are displayed in the picture.

Tell me, please, can there be a way to get the preview w

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Preview checked in Gradient Map dialog?

gradient map dialog.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have this item..(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works if you configure the sliders in the gradient editor as it should (the preview does not show) and without accepting them switch to the properties of the gradient map .. I tried to reinstall Photoshop, CC and even the OS..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about adjustment layer? There isn't preview for Gradient Map adjustment layer as with destructive gradient map from Image > Adjustments > Gradient Map. The only way to see preview offered when using Grad. Map from Image menu is to convert image or layers to Smart Object layer and then to apply Image > Adjustments > Gradient Map which will be applied as non destructive filter in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - There is no preview checkbox option in Adjustment layers - however the impact of moving a slider is shown immediately upon releasing the slider. No need to close any dialogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which adjustments layers you mean? There is Preview checkbox when using GM adjustments from Image menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from the menu “images” in the gradient map I found “preview”. Item is active. But it still does not change in real time. The effect will apply if you first put the sliders, and then move the gradient map settings window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know how it should work. But I do not see changes in the image without confirmation in the window ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from the menu “images” in the gradient map I found “preview”. Item is active. But it still does not change in real time. The effect will apply if you first put the sliders, and then move the gradient map settings window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem. I am working in Photoshop with multiple layers. I want to adjust the brightness of a certain layer. When I select "Image", "Adjustments", "Brightness/Contrast", I get the pop up screen to adjust the values. The preview box is checked. However, as soon as the pop up screen appears, the complete preview of my image dissappears, I just see the white/grey background blocks. As soon as I have adjusted the brightness and click OK, then the image re-appears and the brightness is adjusted. But you can't see the effect of the adjustment in real time with a preview, so you have no idea what the result will be and have to go back and forth all the time. I never had this before in Photoshop, is this a bug or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arev you on Mac? I can not reproduce your problem on Windows using latest Photoshop 21.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your quick reponse! I am running on windows 10. However, I just tried to reproduce it myself, and apparently quiting photoshop and restarting it, solves the issue. Its now gone... I have just purchased creative cloud. I will report again if needed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Just now, I tried to increase the saturation of an image (Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation) and no matter where I move the slider with Preview ticked the image doesn't change as I make this adjustment. Only when I press OK does the image change. This makes it very difficult when trying to subtly amend something in view. I'm running Photoshop 2020 on a new iMac. The same thing happens with other adjustment settings. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I had this problem. To resolve, go edit, go down to preferences, go into genral. Inside gerneral on the right, click reset all preferences on quit, and alos reset all warning diologs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your previews have become non-live, or your tools won't change to non-Precise any more:

1. Open Photoshop Preferences (Mac: Cmd+K or click on Photoshop > Preferences in the application menu).
  2. General > click button "Reset Preferences on Quit."Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 4.14.42 PM.png
  3. Quit Photoshop, then launch the app again.

Worked great for me!

Long-time analog photographer, now fully digital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirmation that SuzanneTour's instruction above works. Although, I have to admit I am not a big fan of having to go through and re-apply all of my preferences again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines