• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Not As Bright?

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the white in my Photoshop documents is not actually "white," more of a slightly-gray off-white. Please see images attached. Am I crazy??

Photoshop image with rainbow lines (left) next to Google on Safari (right)

Blank Photoshop image (left) next to Google on Safari (right)

Photoshop image with rainbow lines (top) vs Photoshop workspace (bottom)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They appear the same to me when  I view your screen captures. You can on the Mac, use the Digital Color Meter to view the Lab values, do you see a numeric difference? When I use that free tool (part of MacOS), the numbers are the same on my display, viewing your screen captures. 

It could be your display profile. It might be corrupted and you may need to go about recreating a new one.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Well, I guess if they appear the same to my viewers, that's all that maters, right? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they're the same to your viewers, but you will be making inaccurate color corrections, unless you correct the bad profile, and that's what you're viewers will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused Chuck. You said, "Yes, they're the same to your viewers," but then later you said "you will be making inaccurate color corrections...and that's what your viewers will see." 

Aren't those opposing statements??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, your viewers will not see differences because of your monitor profile. They will see the bad color corrections that you make, because you see bad color on your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines