• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Not enough RAM/memory while trying to use the Brush tool

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, 2020 is....a bit of a mess, but I am trying to get it to work. My main issue is that it doesn't want to do anything because it says it doesn't have enough RAM. I mean, I have a scathing 8 GB, but that was enough to send 2019 flying, so if it could hold the complaints, that'd be great. My main frustration is that it doesn't appear like PS20 is actually using my RAM. I've attached a screenshot. I've set PS to use 92% of available RAM, all disks as scratch disks... I'm running out of things to try before I revert, basically. 

Win 10 64-bit
8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-6400

Any pro tips for a poor designer just trying to do her job? 

Thanks!
May

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, you may want to backup your settings beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um. Lol? On a clean reboot, open file, go to brush panel. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, you may want to backup your settings beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my great shock (because I tried that before), it actually seems to have helped some. I can at least use a brush again XD Let's see if it lasts, but thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think you need to upgrade your RAM or upgrade your system forimage.png PS20. I am using PS20. It's working fine from my side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi May,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop. 

In case you face the issue again, please ensure that all available Windows updates are installed on the computer.

You can also try the workaround mentioned in the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't advise that workaround as that issue is not related to the OP's and the Integer issue was fixed by Adobe in version 19.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines