• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not responding with windows 10?

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, which was two days ago, I have been unable to use Photoshop. InDesign and Illustrator work fine, but the second after the load screen of Photoshop has finished and the main screen appears, Photoshop freezes. I have to use task manager to close the program. No error messages generated during the whole process.

Any solutions for this problem? Photoshop (and other installed programs of Adobe CC) is (are) completely up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Make sure you have Windows 10 Display Device drivers installed.  I after I upgraded to windows I had to install new display device drivers to get my displays working correctly with Windows 10. AMD/ATI, Nvidia and Intel all release new device drivers for their products for Windows 10.  The Windows 10 upgrade also broke my Homegroup on my network I had to use a sledge hammer to destroy the old Homegroup and then create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that placing the application into the resizable mode it becomes responsive immediately.  Normally, I've only experienced the problem when the application is in the full-screen mode and it is nonresponsive 99% of the time. But, never when in the resizable mode. So others, know how to change from full-screen to resizable windows; click on the icons in the upper corner of the screen (X=closes, squares=fullsize or resizable windows, - = minimize).  After you place the application in resized mode, then make the application a bit smaller then the display.

I think what is happening is the application is not loading correctly inside of the driver and this is why it freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 for photoshop-nonresponsive (above ^^^) and a previous poster that indicated (at least in many cases) the issue w/ PS CC 2020 freezing continually (on a Win10 machine, shown in task manager as "Not Responding") is often related to a Windows display driver.

My PS was freezing over and over this morning, and when I made the PS app screen "resizeable" instead of "maximized" the freezing stopped !!!  But when the app is "maximized" (i.e. full-screen) it starts freezing up again.

For now I'll leave PS resizable so I can work, but at least I know where to start drilling down...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines