• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop on iPad Pro layer limit

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was considering getting Photoshop on my iPad (currently using Procreate, but it's pretty bad on layer limits, and I need more layers for a project). About how many layers would an iPad Pro, 12.9in, 4th generation be able to run? I wanted to check before I made the Photoshop investment. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how much memory your iPad has - the more memory you can allocate to Ps the more layers you can add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs say 6gb. Any clue what that might get me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sixfootewok1 

What is the limit for the number of layers in Procreate and how many layers are you thinking you need?

Photoshop for desktop has a limit of 8000 layers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/using/creating-layers.html

"You can create up to 8000 layers in an image, each with its own blending mode and opacity. However, memory constraints may lower this limit."

Are you sure the specs say 6 gb? You should have a choice of 8 or 16 for a new iPad Pro. If you need a lot of layers, go for the 16GB RAM and larger storage.

4574D9B4-340D-47A9-8ED7-FB647788E5DD.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep in mind the resolution of your file will also impact the number of layers. The lower the resolution the more layers you can have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines