Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Pop Up halting script

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little background.

I wrote a script that turned photoshop into a web server. It takes parameters on a query string. These parameters tell the script how to modify an image. The server runs 24/7.

My problem is the human factor creating issue that make photoshop generate a pop up.

The last time it happened was because the the retoucher did not delete a text layer that they use for quality control. The server did not have the font so when it opened up the file it made a pop up. When the pop ups happen the script halts and the only way out is to deal with the pop up.Due to the fact it is opened via script I should get the response via script error handling. Because of this halting issue I can't even do any error handling, Actually nothing can be done until the pop up went away.

My question to you all.

Is there a way to disable this font issue pop up when I programatically open up a file.

popup.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. There a various "show-stopper"-alerts that disturb automatic image processing in photoshop. The only solution I found to use a little commandline tool called nircmd that has a function called "winwait". Basically you have to run it in a cron every X seconds and have it wait for a window with the title "Adobe Photoshop Extended CS4" and if that window pops up to automatically click "ok".

regards,

markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh a cron job.

There has to be some kind of real fix for this.

Pretty much once the file is opened I can handle any issue that would generate a pop up through code. Its just when I get pop ups when the file is opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please share, if you find a good solution. the cron was my desperate attempt (but keeps the service running for nearly 5 years now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These dialogs are so annoying and I try to fix them as they er uh 'pop up' but some always get passed me. Is my test document just anything with a missing font? I'll check CS5 and see if it is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines