• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Preferences: General -> Show Messages

Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the world is that supposed to do? I am asking because it is supposed to help with Adobe Spaces crashes.

The help popup reads "determines whether feature messages are shown when triggered by related user actions" which basically tells me nothing.

Can anybody shed some light on this? I could not even find it in the official documentation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

You are using the "Magic Wand" and Photoshop decides to help you by showing a tutorial on it.

Unchecking it would stop Photoshop from doing this.

It hasn't happened to me, but if you got that unexpected behavior and it annoys you, you know what box to uncheck.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the "Magic Wand" and Photoshop decides to help you by showing a tutorial on it.

Unchecking it would stop Photoshop from doing this.

It hasn't happened to me, but if you got that unexpected behavior and it annoys you, you know what box to uncheck.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have seen them with some tools. Smart select, I believe it was.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I wasn't sure myself, so I checked Photoshop Family and that answer is from none other than Adobe Product Manager, Jeff Tranberry.

So we both learned.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be damned, I cannot find it. Can you link me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much obliged, SIr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7 wrote:

To be honest, I wasn't sure myself, so I checked Photoshop Family and that answer is from none other than Adobe Product Manager, Jeff Tranberry.

So we both learned.

Gene

Gene I have Show Messages checked, but I can't remember ever seeing one.  Is there a sure fire way of triggering one of them?  Unchecking the Preference setting does not affect the windows at the bottom of the Start Screen.

BTW  I met Jeff Tranberry at MAX while with Chuck TA'ing Bert Munrow's Digital Painting Lab, and he is much younger looking in person, than in his photographs.  Chuck already knew him (Chuck knows everyone!) and it was a minute or two of conversation before I noticed his name tag and the penny dropped.  He was standing in as a third TA for the scheduled TA who had mislaid his passport, and this was on the Friday with most people heading home right after close of play, and in this particular case, home was all the way back to India!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Gene I have Show Messages checked, but I can't remember ever seeing one. Is there a sure fire way of triggering one of them? Unchecking the Preference setting does not affect the windows at the bottom of the Start Screen.

To be honest, Trevor, neither have I.  Jump over to the link I posted and ask in the comments if they can give you some examples to go on.

Maybe Photoshop thinks I'm a know it all, and doesn't bother telling me anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back with CC 2018

And I do not have "messages" as an option now????  Am I overlooking something?

It's taking up a lot of of memory for no reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I just starting using CC 2018 and there is no option for "Show Messages". I cannot find out how to turn that off.  I have 3 "Adobe Spaces Helper" processes that seemingly do nothing but waste memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. Bump. What happened to the Show Messages option? Suspicious that it's gone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines