• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop process remains open after closing

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Most of the time when I close Photoshop, the process "photoshop.exe" rimain open in task manager and when I try to reopen the program, it don't start because before its not closed. I send you a screen

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Giuseppe Facchini I see you don't have a reply to your question yet. Sorry about that! It sounds like this happens some of the time so maybe it has to do with how you are opening and closing Photoshop.

If you first end Photoshop via Task Manager, then open Photoshop normally from your Creative Cloud app, then exit via the menu File > Exit, does the .exe process remain open?

Are your Photoshop and Windows versions, Creative Cloud app, and drivers all up to date on your system? Once you do get Photoshop open, do you have any trouble working with the program or is everything else normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Giuseppe Facchini I see you don't have a reply to your question yet. Sorry about that! It sounds like this happens some of the time so maybe it has to do with how you are opening and closing Photoshop.

If you first end Photoshop via Task Manager, then open Photoshop normally from your Creative Cloud app, then exit via the menu File > Exit, does the .exe process remain open?

Are your Photoshop and Windows versions, Creative Cloud app, and drivers all up to date on your system? Once you do get Photoshop open, do you have any trouble working with the program or is everything else normal?

By @J E L

Thank you for your answer. I close Photoshop normally as I always have with a classic "X" button in Windows. With the last update it do this. I don't know why this doesn't always happen. Yet I always do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. And are you opening from Creative Cloud being signed in with your ID or straight from a shortcut on your local computer? Please try that and then also close by File > Exit instead of the "x" to see if that makes any difference. It might not but we have to try some troubleshooting eliminations.

Also, when is the last time you ran the Disk Cleanup tool from the Windows Administrative Tools (in the start menu)? That may indirectly clear any unnecessary files. Have you shut down all programs and then completely shut down your computer (not a restart). Sometimes a full restart can correct problems. Finally, a full uninstall and reinstall of Photoshop may fix the problem. These are all things worth a try if you haven't tried them already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have found as you, closing with the x, often it hangs to fully close and tasked manager is required to close it and then it will open as normal for that time.

I have found that using File-Close (Ctrl Q) it does not hang and you are able to open photoshop at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well closing with file close or Ctrl Q does not always work and have to clear using the task manager...bummer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem too. Maybe one in 10 times I right click on a photo, select open with Photoshop and nothing happens. To clear it, I press Ctrl +Alt+ Del to open task manager and find Adobe Photoshop is showing once or sometimes twice in the Background Processes. I close these by clicking the 'End Process' button and it then opens OK.

I am also having some 'Freezing' too. In the middle of an edit, not using anything particular, I just get a beeping sound when I press any key, and nothing happens. The only way out is to close the program using the Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since the last 5/6 version...

Very disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @d_amisano, I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, too. The immediate fix is to roll back to an earlier version to see if you are still having the same issue. Instructions on how to do that are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html.

If that doesn't fix the issue, post your System Info here for us to look at. Launch Photoshop, select Help > System Info, then copy/paste the text in a reply. In fact, it might be better if you start a new post altogether with your specific issue, since this post is already a year old and there are updated versions since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines