• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop "hangs" (freezes for a minute or so) when I change tools

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a crash report because photoshop isn't crashing, it just stops for a few minutes, then I have to alt tab to something else and when I come back it's usually ready.

So far I've;
Tried changing pretty much every performance setting one at a time
Uninstalled and Reinstalled
Updated
Disabled Windows Ink
Tried it on two different tablets
Uninstalled and reinstalled my tablet drivers
Updated my HDD
Repaired my HDD
Defragged my HDD
Tried a different HDD
Updated my Graphics Card

This feels like it's a Photoshop specific issue but I can't find any more solutions online and I'm about at my limit. It's been bad but of course it gets exceptionally worse the moment I have a 1 week deadline. I need answers fast.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Also: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.
macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
Windows 10: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.

Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work either, but it did last the longest before starting on it's BS again >.>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the last version. You can so this through the CC app: look for... Other versions.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most up-to-date version, I thought that was the problem originally, too as I was still running off of 2019 but I updated and that made it worse, and then I uninstalled and reinstalled AND THEN updated and that did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!

It seems to be working now, and I have very little clue why. My best guess is it was either

- It straight up crashing and then resetting itself

OR

- Me fixing my Corel Painter program, which had apparently needed repair

Because both of these things happened and then I decided to try Photoshop one more time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JUST KIDDING IT JUST STARTED DOING IT AGAIN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines