Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop "super resolution" export not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!
So I was super exited about this new "super resolution"-feature being implemented into the creative cloud but when I did this new "super resolution" thing, instead of an 8k image (4k before super res) it gave me a ~600x1000 dng file which also just shows 1/4 of the image (bottom left quarter). Everything looks fine in Photoshop though, it does increase the resolution and shows me the supersampled image but as soon as I export it as a dng-file so that I can edit it in Lightroom it gives me the ~600x1000 crop image. Changing my settings and double checking them with multiple colleagues didn't help either.
I am REALLY FRUSTRATED by this I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong or if it is the photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't export! Just leave it there, and "synchronize folder" to get it into Lightroom.

When I first tried it, I noticed ACR was set to resample in the Workflow Options. No idea when that happened as I normally don't use ACR, only Lightroom - but take a look to make sure:

resize.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the exact settings that I already had. And what do you mean by "synchronize folder"? I can't find that option anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronize folder is in Lightroom Library > Library menu. This imports any new images in that folder. This is how you get the "enhanced" DNGs into Lightroom:

synchronize.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does this "Synchronize Folder" work. Does it have to be the same image as the original image and do I have to import every single image from that folder because that can easily go in the thousands. Also is there no way to get it as a full res DNG file without having to synchronize it and put it into Lightroom, because it worked for my friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for the new Enhance Super Resolution feature in version 13.2? I think it only works with Camera RAW images (doesn’t work with the Camera RAW Filter). Either right click the film strip image and choose Enhance..., or Shift-Command-D to get the Enhance Preview dialog. When you click Enhance you should get a small progress icon in the lower left corner of the filmstrip. On completion a new DNG will appear in the film strip, which you can open or save.

Screen Shot 6.png

Screen Shot 5.png

When the upsample is complete the enhanced .DNG shows in the filmstrip and is saved in the same directory as the original:

Screen Shot 8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything looks fine in Photoshop though,

Sorry I red too fast—I thought the upsampled .DNG wasn’t being created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gives me a DNG file that is called "file name + enhanced" but it's only ~600x1000px but still around 150-250mb in size. Really frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does this "Synchronize Folder" work. Does it have to be the same image as the original image and do I have to import every single image from that folder because that can easily go in the thousands. Also is there no way to get it as a full res DNG file without having to synchronize it and put it into Lightroom, because it worked for my friends.

By @Max Maerschalck

The super resolution image is saved automatically in the same folder as the original, with -Enhanced appended to the file name. This happens in Camera Raw, and there is no need to open the image in Photoshop unless you want to do further editing.

To get the image into Lightroom, it has to be imported, and the simplest way to do this is to right click the folder in Library, and choose Synchronize folder, which will bring up the Import dialog.

Where exactly are you seeing the 600 x 1000 dimensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines