• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop's Move Tool outside of selection not working.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am used to drag a selected portion of a layer outside the selection, now when I do it, it moves the entire layer and the selection box. This makes it extremely intuitive to drag a selection I made when they're out of sight when I zoom in to another section of the canvas. Where is the setting for this?
This happened after I changed into my user in Windows 10, my brother's PC is weird, and when there are two users signed in at the same time, then my system's settings and program's settings reverse into his settings, I know this could've caused this setting to be reenabled accidentally, since he doesn't use photoshop and has the default settings. My Photoshop version is 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64

I attached a video as an example of what I mean

TL:DR: I wanna drag that little selection box without actually clicking inside of it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you initially drag with the cursor within the selected area, you can then move the cursor anywhere outside the selcted are and continue to move it.   This works whether you use the move tool or Ctrl/Cmd shortcut to move the selected pixels.

I can't say whether what you are seeing is a new behaviour as I have always managed fine dragging from inside the selection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@paulov47933071 wrote:

This happened after I changed into my user in Windows 10, my brother's PC is weird, and when there are two users signed in at the same time, then my system's settings and program's settings reverse into his settings,

Hi

It is against the licensing terms for you to use your brother's account. The individual license is for one user and cannot be shared. It can be installed on two computers (such as laptop and desktop) but cannot be in use on both at the same time.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

"5.1 Account Information. You are responsible for all activity that occurs via your account even if that activity is not by you or is without your knowledge or consent. Please notify Customer Support immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account. You may not (A) share your account information (except with an authorized account administrator), whether intentionally or unintentionally; or (B) use another person’s account. Your account administrator may use your account information to manage your use and access to the Services and Software. For PhoneGap, we reserve the right to monitor and enforce subscription plan limits and restrictions, including, but not limited to, the right to charge for overages."

You need your own account. Here are the plans:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines