Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop saving window is not showing and not saving

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there,

I'm having a problem saving my psd file. whenerever i try to save the file, the saving window dose not show and it never save the psd file. the only sloution is to quit photoshop and losing all my work. 

my photoshop is on the latest version.

would apreciate your help on that. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Photoshop version do you use?

Which version of MacOS do you use?

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message.

Do this work in the past. If yes, what has been changed on you system before the error occur (updates, patches and so on).

What you can try is to reset the Photoshop preferences using the steps described here:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

You can also try to reset the macOS preferences file for Photoshop (different from the Photoshop settings files that are usually reset). You find it in the folder:

/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

If you don’t see the Library folder, hold down the Option key in Finder and click the Go menu, and choose Library.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After invoking File > Save As is Photoshop still resposnive? 

If it’s not does hitting esc restore that? 

Have you reset the Preferences yet, as per @AxelMatt ’s advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2022 photoshop version - 23.3.2 relase. And working on a macos monterey version 12.4.

I do not get any error message. it just stay as it is. nothing happen when i try to save the photoshop file. nothing shows up. the only solution im having is quitting the program and then open it again. which is effecting my working flow. even if i tried to create a new document and copy/paste my work on it. it still won't save.

i tried the reset the preferences as u said. but nothing changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you click a menu item (File, Edit, …) in the unresponsive state? 

Can you quit the application or do you Force Quit? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, but you don't have answered my question:

"Do this work in the past? If yes, what has been changed on you system before the error occur (updates, patches and so on)."

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

I am currently experiencing delays when I export as my psd file to output jpg photos. I think this is a BUG. It takes like 30 minutes and more. However, if I close the file the export as pop up window appears but still not accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines