Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop shuts down

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So whenever I try to make a text box, the photoshop program shuts down. I have restarted the computer, uninstalled/reinstalled photoshop, although no success. Could someone please help me? This has never happened to me before.

Kind Regards,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Hi jasonoswo,

This is a known issue with Photoshop and our engineering team investigating a fix. In the mean while, please refer the available workaround, here: Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasonoswo,

We're sorry to hear about the crash issue you are facing with Photoshop. Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you are using now? Also, which operating system you are on (Windows/Mac)?

Also, refer: Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for your reply. I believe I am using the most recent version. It says I am up to date. I am not exactly sure on the proper way to check this. I am currently using a Windows 10 Pro.

My photoshop is also telling me now that I do not have enough RAM for the program to function (not the exact words, but similar). I feel like this problem has begun after my last update. Not sure if that could be possible.

Kind regards,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason, to find your version of Ps, go to the Help tap and select this:

Version.png

Regarding your ram. Go to Edit > Preferences > Preformance and check what is allocated for Ps to use.

You may need to adjust the amount of ram. If you do then don't forget to restart Ps after making the change.

Ram.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm agree with , probably a fonts related problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thank you, so 19.1.4 is my version of Ps. Would that be the correct number I have read?

Also, when I try to go into the Edit > Preferences > Performance, this shows up:

Sketch.png

I have no idea what this means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasonoswo,

This is a known issue with Photoshop and our engineering team investigating a fix. In the mean while, please refer the available workaround, here: Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much! It is working now, hopefully, won't fall into any more problems. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you back up registry ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines