• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop slowing entire computer down

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. After using photoshop for 10 minutes my computer starts to slow down and everything ends up being very laggy. Even if I close out of photoshop, everything gets super laggy. The only thing that will stop the lag is restarting the computer. I've contacted their support and have done everything they told me and it still doesn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still nothing. I tried using the Affinity photo editing software and after 10 minutes, the lag starts again. Task manager doesn't show anything wrong with the memory and everything seems normal. I run Windows, have a 1080ti graphics card and 32 gigs of ram. My computer runs games and multiple processes very well, so I really do not know the issue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Scratch Disk settings?

How much room do you have on the selected Scratc drive?

How healthy are your drives?

Open Photoshop and go Help > System Info > Copy and paste to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How many fonts do you have installed?

Are you using a font manager?

After closing Photoshop, open the Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Delete) and click on the CPU column to organise things in order of CPU usage. What is using all the CPU cycles?

After restarting your computer to clean things up (or you could try using End Task on the offending item in Task Manager but that can cause other problems depending on what that process is) and start Photoshop while holding down the Shift key.  This will prevent third party plugins from loading.  Use for a while and close and see if you still have a problem.  If it fixes things then track down the offending plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines