Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop tablet bug, keyboard shortcuts temporarily won't work

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've noticed a strange bug with photoshop when working with a pen and tablet. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue. I'm using the CC version on the latest Mac OS

While working on an illustration I'll frequently use keyboard shortcuts. command+z, i, r, z, option, etc. Someties after making a stroke with the brush tool, I'll go to undo with command+option+z and nothing will happen. Other keyboard shortcuts do the same thing—no response.

I've found that to fix this, you have to click the canvas again to make photoshop the active program or something to that effect.

This is incredibly annoying and seems to happen at random. Has this happened to anybody else? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Had the same problem.

For me, this worked fine:

1. close Photoshop

2. go to
Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [your version] Settings

3. delete (or move to another place)

Adobe Photoshop [your version] Prefs.psp

4. install this:

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

5. restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2021 and I'm still having the same issue. The fix above didn't work for me. Approximately 40% of the time the keyboard for shortcuts is not responding while I'm using a Wacom tablet. I have to draw a few extra lines before the keyboard will respond again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a cintiq companion 2 and the cintiq 22hd. the 22 is connected to mac 10.9.5 companion 2 is windows 8.1. On both photoshop will not let me use the shortcut keys. I use this programme a lot. On the other Adobe the shortcut keys work perfect. Is anyone else having this problem.?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ianost87 wrote:

I'm using a cintiq companion 2 and the cintiq 22hd. the 22 is connected to mac 10.9.5 companion 2 is windows 8.1. On both photoshop will not let me use the shortcut keys. I use this programme a lot. On the other Adobe the shortcut keys work perfect. Is anyone else having this problem.?

Thank you

Have you tried the White Window plug-in linked to in post #9 ?  There is an excellent chance it will fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug in's failed to load. thank you very much for getting back very fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH ADOBE FOR THAT PLUG IN!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I’m reaching out to share and seek a solution for an issue I’ve been facing since the latest Adobe Photoshop and Beta updates. Post-update, I’ve found that none of the keyboard shortcuts are functional when using my Wacom 22 HD tablet. This is particularly evident with the lasso tool, which doesn’t respond correctly to shortcut commands for adding to or subtracting from selections. This problem extends to all shape selection tools in Photoshop, as well as the paint brush.

Usually, with the Wacom pen, I could adjust brush size, hardness, or softness using the ‘scrubby’ shortcut involving a Control and Option click. However, this is no longer the case. The only workaround seems to be using an external mouse, which defeats the purpose of the tablet’s pen-centric design.

I’ve attempted troubleshooting by reinstalling both the Wacom drivers and Photoshop, but the issue persists. It seems that the update has neglected proper Wacom support, leaving the pen tool non-responsive on Mac systems.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated as it’s quite disruptive to the usual workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You absolutely need to start a new thread with an issue like that.  This thread was started 10 years ago back when Creative Cloud came into being, and OSX 10.9 Maverics.  Your issue will no relevance to most of the previous posts in this thread, and is just going to be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just did. I have heard any response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im havin exactly the same issues, i really thought this was me being so new to the digital art world, so in a way i'm glad that it is not me, but i'm extremely frustrated that there is no fix for this issue. I am using the Cintiq 16 pro.  I really hope there is a fix soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines