• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop toolbar menu issue

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason the drop down menus of the different tools aren't working. after an hour with Aobe support supposedly accessing my computer they found nothing. absolutely a waste of time.

can anyone help. uninstall and reinstall?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this first: go to Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit (after backing up any customization.

If that fails, open the Creative Cloud app. Right-Click PS and select uninstall, then run the Cleaner too, then Reinstall from Creative Cloud.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I asked Adobe but they didn't respond with that. I was also just told by another support member that I needed a mouse that right clicks to open the options on the tools. I'm not so sure about that. I thought if you clicked on the little button in the lower right of the tool that's how you get the options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"that I needed a mouse that right clicks"

• If you are on a Mac, Ctrl+Left Click is the same as right clicking (not Cmd).
  • If you have a trackpad, you can set up the lower right corner to be a double-click or a two-finger tap to be a double-click. On a Mac it's in System Preferences.

You didn't say what you are using, so this is generic, but no! you don't need a mouse with two buttons to right-click.

"to open the options on the tools'

The options for the tools are in the options bar. If you don't have that panel open, you can open it from the Window menu. Then as you select each tool in the Toolbar panel, you can select the options for it in the options bar. You can also reset the tools in the options bar with the drop-down menu on the far left.

"clicked on the little button in the lower right of the tool"

If you press and hold the triangle in the lower right of a tool, it will display hidden tools that share the space if there are any. Right-clicking a tool is identical to the press-and-hold on the triangle.

EDIT: the triangle indicates hidden tools. You can press and hold (or right-click) anywhere on the tool to reveal the hidden tools that share the space.

Is this what you are asking? If not, please clarify.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks. yes. I actually asked a friend and he told me all i have to do to reveal the tools was just hold the click a bit longer. a bit of operator error on my part. 

thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines