• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop turned black White Suddenly

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to undo after pressing command 3 to change back photoshop to its original form, it just seems to stay black and white. I went to my channels to select RGB but it won't let me press it unless deselect another, and when I deselect it, it takes away 2 instead of 1. I've tried pressing Command 1,2,3,4,5 to change it back but it just makes it either darker or brighter. I can't undo this either. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen shots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… that include the pertinent Panels (Channels, Layers, Options, …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larissam35961276  wrote

I can't seem to undo after pressing command 3  ...

I've tried pressing Command 1,2,3,4,5 to change it back but it just makes it either darker or brighter.

Hi

Cmd+3 is the shortcut for the Red channel, which would make your image appear grayscale. Cmd+2 should put it back, but it’s not?

(Cmd+4 and Cmd+5 will put you on any alpha channels you have created, so those won’t help.)

8EEF8EA3-18DA-423E-87EC-E89F6F292EC1.jpeg

Since your brightness is changing instead of your channels, make sure your fingers didn’t slide up a row and that you are not accidentally pressing F1 and F2. Those keys adjust the brightness by default.

5A0AE863-ACB1-4FEC-90EE-9EC7E6BC602E.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen several times, and not been able to see from the history what caused it.  Hitting escape fixed on at least one of those occasions.  I have a feeling it is to do with our fingers being faster than our brains, and flying over the keyboard using muscle memory, but not always getting it right.  I am sure that I was always able to resolve things, but other than using Escape, I am not sure what I'd done to cause it, nor how I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, press CDM + 2 (if you use Mac OS) or CTRL + 2 (if you use Windows) and everything should return to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May god bless you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! my fat fingers goobered up another command and I couldn't figure out what I did to save my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an older version of Photoshop? The RGB composite channel selection used to be Ctrl+~  (or Cmd+~) which can still be used by checking use Legacy channel shortcuts in the Edit > Keyboard shortcuts dialogue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have the same problem but when i was trying to fix it this happened and i uh, don't know how to fix it. #worsteditingdayever

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!  i was going out of my mind when Control Z wasnt working!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are glad that your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines