Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop turning everything RED

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've turned something on and it's doing my head in. Whenever I try to move text, or a layer within the document, Photoshop moves the background layer and replaces it with a bright red colour.

Occasionally the entire image also goes bright red. It's like an 80% opacity so I can see the layers underneath.

Does anyone know what I have done here? and how to set it back?

thanks,

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Quick Mask is turned on. "Quick Mask" appears in your document's title tab.

Quick Mask uses a red overlay to indicate areas out of a selection. It's like the red film (rubylith) used to mask off areas of artwork in olden days of pre-press.

Press Q on your keyboard to toggle it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your entire Photoshop window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Mask is turned on. "Quick Mask" appears in your document's title tab.

Quick Mask uses a red overlay to indicate areas out of a selection. It's like the red film (rubylith) used to mask off areas of artwork in olden days of pre-press.

Press Q on your keyboard to toggle it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine, but why is this happening to me when Quick mask is off? The first thing I checked when this first happened was to see if Quick Mask was checked, and if the layer panel had turned red, and niether was the case. Of course pressing the "Q" just turns Quick Mask ON,  and then the layer panel turns red, just like it's suppose to, but after turning it off again, the red overlay never goes away. I usually have to close and reopen the file to get rid of it.  I'm sure I'm pushing some key I'm not supposed to,  but it isn NOT Quick Mask and I don't know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines