• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop v21 running extremely slow

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to v21 yesterday and had to roll back to v20.0.7 within an hour. I was working with a document that had only one layer and maybe 30 slices on it. Zooming in/out as well as adjusting slices took several seconds just to complete. I ended up removing the image layer, so that all remained was the checkerboard canvas and slices.  Still extremely slow.  GPU was running at a pretty high rate too for almost doing nothing too, around 60% utilization.  I tried adjusting File Handling preferences, GPU preferences, Legacy Compositing.  After rolling back to 20.0.7 everything was fast as ever.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. It runs slower and slower as time goes on. I had to revert to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have reported it seperatley - its definitely to do with slices as I can reproduce it on 3 PCs (Mac and Windows) by simply creating a new documents and then adding slices.

The more slices you add the worse it gets. Also if you hide slices it instantly speeds up. I have been on to Adobe support about this and they said they would escalate it so have emailed them over details of my PC ets as requested (even though I know it has nothing to do with my PC as it happens on 3 different systems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me!  I'm working with 64GB of RAM and Photoshop is dragging, the wheel is turning all the time, it's shocking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me, and I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone. We just happen to be the ones giving the feedback. Please do somehting about this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem... had to go back to previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the same in v21.0.2 released yesterday

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No improvement. If you hide slices, it's fast as usual. But the moment you turn them back on, everything moves extremely sluggish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The reason I asked is that it is top of the list in the fixed issues here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

It may be worth you clicking on the issue in that list and adding your comments to the feedback site

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar problem but posted in another thread. I saw davescm's response and looked at the number of issues fixed on the latest release. All I can say is that if so many have been fixed and it is still causing users so much anguish - why release the update until the problems have been fixed? If users have reported all these problems back to Adobe then surely the (much cleverer) software writers at Adobe were aware of them before the release. IT's not just Adobe to blame for this slapdash work - Games manufacturers are also culpable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines