Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop versions

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there

im currently using Photoshop cc 2015, not a pay monthly but a purchased version that was left on an iMac computer I bought second hand about 5 months ago. It works well most of the time, and I have just successfully updated the camera raw driver as I’ve just purchased a new camera and it would not open raw files with the old version.

What i would like to do is update my Photoshop to the latest version by going onto a monthly plan (I believe that for about £9.99 per month would get me a subscription to Photoshop and Lightroom). However, if I were to do this, would it stop me using my installed version of Photoshop cc 2015?

Would the monthly subscription include access to camera raw?

Also, if I were to stop the monthly subscription would I be able to go back to using my already installed version cc 2015 without problems?

Finally, my laptop broke a year ago so I currently just have my iMac computer. If I subscribed to a monthly plan of Photoshop and lightroom, does the subscription allow me to use them on both my iMac and my intended newly purchased laptop?

Thanks

bobtheterrier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Hi Bob,

Here is the web page for the FAQs for genuine software:

Adobe Genuine software FAQ

As said earlier, the pirated versions sometimes have malware and don’t always work as they should, as you have reported.

Here is the page for the Photography plan:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobtheterrier  wrote

im currently using Photoshop cc 2015, not a pay monthly but a purchased version that was left on an iMac computer I bought second hand about 5 months ago.

Hi

Photoshop CC2015 is part of the Photoshop subscription and can not be bought as a standalone version, if you do not have a CC subscription then it's highly likely you may have a pirated version of Photoshop CC2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the last purchasable version of Photoshop was Photoshop CS6. If you acquired a computer with a newer version than that, the seller lied to you regarding the Photoshop CC2015 licence, as it is not possible to use without a subscription.

If you subscribe to the Creative Cloud, you are allowed to download and install all versions of Photoshop, down to CS6. You can have them installed next to each other (I'm using 5 different versions of After Effects to meet clients requirement).

Subscribing to the Creative Cloud and installing a newer version of Photoshop will update your CC2015 version by default. You'll have to check the "keep older versions" prompt you'll get prior to installing the latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you subscribe to Photoshop it’s best to use the latest version - CC2019, it’s backwards compatible and will open graphics, such as PSD images, created in CC2015. You can run multI-versions of Photoshop on your computer, but there’s really no advantage.

(There’s not such a thing as a one-off purchased copy of Photoshop CC2015, so be careful - you may have an illegal copy or something with malware on it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Here is the web page for the FAQs for genuine software:

Adobe Genuine software FAQ

As said earlier, the pirated versions sometimes have malware and don’t always work as they should, as you have reported.

Here is the page for the Photography plan:

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Thank you for taking the time to inform me of this.

RegardsBob

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane

Thank you for taking the time to reply like you have.

RegardsBob

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines