Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop video export with thumbnail

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I don't know if I oversee something… and I also can not find a solution online, maybe someone can help me.

I have made an animation in Photoshop (Mac, Photoshop CC, video timeline) and I want to export a video (mp4) directly with a stetted thumbnail. Not a different image, only for example the last frame of the video have to be the thumbnail.

Actually I can set the thumbnail in my ready made mp4 video in Quicktime Player, but the customer wants to export directly from Photoshop with a stetted thumbnail.

The main problem is that the customer posts the ready made video to Instagram story and the story appears in Instagram carousel/analysis white (after clicking it runs normally). The animation starts on a blanc page and because of that it shows the white (first frame). I have stetted the thumbnail with Quicktime Player on the ready made video to check it – same problem in Instagram story (first white blanc frame is shown as thumbnail). So maybe if I will export the video different in Photoshop the thumbnail is stetted and the story will not appear from the first white frame, rather the last frame will be the thumbnail.

Maybe someone an idea?

Thank you very much for reading and helping!

Warm wishes,

Agata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can do this in Ps.

Instagram allows for covers.

This may be helpful. https://animoto.com/blog/photography/video-cover-image-instagram-facebook/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you master mo​ for your time and helping!

Yes, the article is about "posts" and cover images – this works perfect with my animated videos. The problem is to set a cover image to "stories". Even when I set the cover image (thumbnail) in my video in Quicktime Player, Instagram takes always the first frame which is white. Because of that I thought maybe I have to look the base, so the timeline in Photoshop to set it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnail is set when uploading, taking a frame from the mp4, not when making the mp4.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you davescm​

There is no option in Instagram to choose a cover frame from mp4 for stories (only posts) – so I can not find it and this seams to be the problem. But if also you are telling that I do not have to set a thumbnail in PS/mp4 file for the problem, then maybe I have to overthink my builded animation in PS, because it starts on a white page and therefore it do not work with Instagram story preview images?!

Instagram seams to take always the first frame for story preview, so I would need to set into my time line the end image (fully builded animation) as first frame for a very small amount of time, so that Instagram willl take this as preview image… and after this my animation will be build on the white page. Maybe like this?! But I think its not a clean way for the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whichever frame you have active when you go to export your .gif will be the thumbnail associated with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines