• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop video render takes forever

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a beginner in making videos and since the last time I have made a video in After Effects, I found it very complicated if I wanted to add some shapes, or images to my composition and since I had my mockup already made in Photoshop I thought I will do the vide in photoshop. I tried to import that file into After effects but it merged some layers that it shouldn't have done even with my choice of keep layers editable.

I have attached the settings of my video render, specs of my personal laptop and my work computer (imac).
I thought my personal laptop isn't strong enough to render the video. 

After I click to render it just starts to load forever and nothing happens. I feel like I could leave photoshop load all day and nothing would happen on both computers.
What am I doing wrong?
Screenshot_67.pngScreenshot 2021-06-01 at 10.22.00.pngScreenshot_68.pngScreenshot_69.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Make sure Bridge is closed. There seems to be an issue with rendering videos, if Bridge is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you spell out your workflow again, it sounds complicated. If you have Premiere Pro it's best to use that for creating videos (adding in After Effects for things like special intros).

You don't seem to have enough RAM and you need a lot of spare disk capacity to render videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I made a mockup, well several of them, but I only started to animate this one. I want to imitate live website usage with my mockup, by revealing layers, "scrolling" on page designs etc. I have made everything I need and I wanted to export. I set up the high and low details, none of them does anything. the cursors just load for a really long time but never finishes. I am not sure this additional information helps?
I could make animation and export as video 3 years ago in photoshop, I had no problem with it except for the available formats. I had about the same complex structure of layers and I could just export normally. Did something change in exporting videos since then?

Screenshot_71.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I just exported my video In media encoder, but I would still like to know, what is wrong with my settings or anything in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to Premiere and After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have access to them yes, to most software in Adobe.
Premiere works, I can export there the video, but Aftereffects merges layers that it should not even with keeping layers editable.

I still want to know why photoshop does this. Is it my settings? Or should I completely forget about exporting videos in photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's best to use the correct applications for this (if you have them); Photoshop can do some of the things you want but it is a bit clumsy for sophisticated and complex video image manipulation, as mentioned After Effects and Premiere (and outputting via Media Encoder) are the tools to use IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answers, it is a bit weird, that I cannot export in Photoshop, but if there is no more detailed answer that Photoshop cannot do everything, I will just accept that.
I started to use After Effects and Media Encoder instead or all 3 combined. 
At least that is a very good feature that projects can be easily transferred to another Adobe software to edit there or for export.
Thank you for your help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the Video rendering. After the dialog window nothing happens any more, it loads forever (Version 22.5.1). 

For example I simply put 3 different images à 1 sec. into the timeline to export a GIF file. Sometimes I also need a MP4, for which I always used the Video render function. It worked until PS Version 22.0. 

My workaround is to have Version 22.0 installed on my second Notebook and never update it, so that I can quickly export an MP4 file when I need it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Bridge is closed. There seems to be an issue with rendering videos, if Bridge is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the solution! Thank you so much, Chuck! I would never have thought of that!

In fact I have to explain it a little more detailed:

If Bridge is closed and I try to export the video, it doesn't work either. It is somehow initialising, but the "Render Video" dialog window doesn't appear.

So I leave Bridge open at first, then the dialog window opens immediately. NOW I close Bridge; just before I click on the "Render" button ... and then it works without any further problems! 🙂

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe can fix that bug in the future, but obviously in this case it is not Photoshop which is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me previously  (several version updates ago) but not now it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, not sure if it is still actual. I went accross the same problem. Got a mac with Catalina. Tried all suggested things and nothing happend until I updated all apps in the CC. Also a photoshop - Graphic and videos under the category video. And here we go, videos are rendering again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what exactly and where you updated saying "Also a photoshop - Graphic and videos under the category video"? I am about to uninstall this buggy software and get back to pirate, but well-working copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you stating you're using stolen software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to do it. Decided to do everything right, but it looks like it was wrong decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using pirated software, it's theft, so don't expect any support on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I am using well-paid software. And it does not work as expected. That's what I was saying above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution - got back to Photoshop v 22.0. Everything is working as expected with video! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stated above: "  I am about to uninstall this buggy software and get back to pirate, but well-working copy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you understand the meaning of the frase? Especially this part "I am about to..."?

Anyway, I found a solution. All the best and thanks a lot for your priceless help on the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines