• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop VS Photography plan (digital painting)

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I would like to buy a Photoshop license in September, and I saw that two plans offered the software: the photography plan and the photoshop plan. 

I use Photoshop (currently student license) for digital painting only, and wondered if there is any difference between the two plans (beside the storage capacity).

I've read that there is not, but there's no indication whether it's possible to use all the digital painting tools in the photogrpahy plan's photoshop. 
I've been saving for months to get this license, and I really don't want to purchase the wrong one. 

Thank you for your answers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference Photoshop is Photoshop and the Plan lets you install the last two versions. If you keep on Installing the  new version you can keep all old versions installed. 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan includes Photoshop and Lightroom and storage and costs around $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you : ) I'll go for that one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the Photography plan is an annual plan, paid monthly.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to buy a Photoshop license in September, and I saw that two plans offered the software: the Photography plan and the Photoshop plan. 

I use Photoshop for digital painting only, and wondered if there is any difference between the two plans ... there's no indication whether it's possible to use all the digital painting tools in the Photography plan's photoshop. 

There are no limitations on program functions for any plan. The tools work exactly the same in all cases. So what are the differences?

Well, the single-app Photoshop plan offers more online/cloud storage compared to the Photography plan. It also includes the Premium version of Adobe Fresco, which normally costs $9.99/mo. by itself.

The single-app plan can also be purchased month-to-month, whereas the Photography plans cannot (Annual only, as Jane points out).

This plan comparison table should make everything clearer.

Generally, most customers find one of the three Photography plans to be of better value – but it depends on your needs and which apps you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines