• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Will Not Open Legacy TIFF/Internet Fax

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a followup to an unanswered question (which, being new to this forum, I don't know how to post an answer to it)

Can't open FAX

I detailed my troubleshooting process here to resolve this issue and convert a legacy TIFF/internet Fax to PDF:

Legacy/Fax TIF Will Not Open In Preview - Apple Community

I would ask Adobe to consider doing the same for Photoshop - to build support for viewing legacy TIFF/Internet Fax formats as they crop up from time to time.  But in the interim, the workaround is to send the legacy TIFF through an Internet Fax provider that converts the file into PDF format.

I am open to better solutions but I would expect Photoshop to be able to open such files - Adobe does own the TIFF format after all (TIFF, Revision 6.0).  Do keep in mind that some of us, when working through archives or doing forensics type work, receive requests to open/recover very old but important files.  I don't want to have to send some of these files through an eFax provider, although in this circumstance, it was an acceptable solution.

JDMSR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have any files to try this on - could you use an older version of Ps? Thru CC you have access to many older versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines