• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not save back to Lightroom CC on Mac M1

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last February I found that Photoshop will not save back to Lightroom CC if Lightroom CC is syncing. It saved correctly if LR is not syncing. MacBook Pro running BigSur 11.2.1, M1 chipset, 16GB Ram. Ps 22.2.0. Lr CC 4.1 with 1TB plan.

This problem was confirmed with Adobe support last February as a known bug associated with the Apple M1 architecture that will be rectified "sometime in the future".

I uninstalled Photoshop last February and got a refund so I can't test it. I have tried ringing tech support today (August 23) but they don't know if Photoshop now works correctly on an Apple M1 or not and my support ticket is still outstanding after 6 months ...I know amazing.

If this has been corrected I'd like to know and then I would try purchasing a plan with Photoshop in it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? That is your response to someone who said he uninstalled the application?

Do you guys even read what customers are writing?

I am too a Photoshop/Lightroom CC user and I'm facing the same issue using the same CPU (with a Mac Mini) and it's extremely frustrating as I have to actually save the photo, then re-import it to Lightroom for further editing.

Really Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just curious and I know it is not ideal, but does your problem go away if you run Photoshop (and maybe Lr) under Rosetta2 emulation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines