Photoshop without Creative cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i download photoshop without creative cloud? 

TOPICS
Download and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020
Basically- you cannot! Even if you can obtain a download file to install Ps, you will still need the CC Desktop App to Validate your subscription and Activate Photoshop. Without the Desktop App - Ps will cease to work. Photoshop is installed in your computer 'locally' it can operate (while Activated) without internet access. You do not have to use the 'Cloud' for anything other than- Install and Activate Ps.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically- you cannot!

Even if you can obtain a download file to install Ps, you will still need the CC Desktop App to Validate your subscription and Activate Photoshop.

Without the Desktop App - Ps will cease to work.

Photoshop is installed in your computer 'locally' it can operate (while Activated) without internet access.

You do not have to use the 'Cloud' for anything other than- Install and Activate Ps.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you pose the question - is there some issue or misunderstanding?

To get Photoshop (the latest version inc Lightroom) you take out a subscription to the Photography Plan - it costs around $10 a month. You download the application to your computer and use it in the normal way (i.e. apart from downloading Photoshop you don't need to be online to use it). Adobe checks periodically that you're up-to-date with your subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud has slowed my computer to a crawl -- it seems to be launching multiple variants of igfxext that are using all my memory. Will Photoshop Elements run without it once installed?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Photoshop, if so which version and OS and how much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 GB ram my G

I'm done for then LOL

5.3 GB free of 57.4 GB...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is inadequate, even for Photoshop-ELEMENTS.

One site suggests this for Ps-Elements:

WobertC_0-1623542241599.png

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im looking for the same solution. I don't want CC; since i've installed it, it's been eating memory and CPU (even if im not using PS). My proof?

With PS+CC installed: System gets slower and the computer hot. I can hear the CPU fans running at max RPMs. This happens even lock the mac to get lunch. If I go to activity monitor and kill everything that has CC name and after a few seconds the threads are back! just like ants in your kitchen.

I uninstalled PS+CC (couldn't kill just cc)  and just like that, everything is back to normal and quiet.

Im about to go back to MS paint.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW im own a macbook pro mid 2015 with 16RAM and 512SSD

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here helped...I dont like adobe cloud creating alll these random processes while im doing literally nothing but using paint.exe offline in the middle of a field and no wifi...smh this is ridiculous...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these processes are normally baked into the application - but the CC app lifts it out of the individual application and into a centralized application manager. That's really all there is to it.

Any big and complex software will do this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've absolutely HAD IT with Adobe.  I've used Photoshop Elements for years, and purchased the upgrades again and again for I don't know how many dollars.  Now I can't use Elements anymore without paying $30/month for some garbage called "Creative Cloud" that slows my NEW MacBook Pro to a crawl?

ENOUGH!  I'm going to find a different photo editor, and Adobe can kiss where the sun don't shine.

If I'm bothering to post, you can be sure that there are hundreds of other former (and now similarly disgrunteled) customers who didn't bother.  Apparently Adobe desires bankruptcy?  Goodbye forever, Adobe.

Your former customer - Glenn

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
S Ford

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been misinformed – the Photography Plan include the full version of Photoshop and Lightroom and updates as they become available for around $10 a month. Photoshop Elements 2022 is a light version of Photoshop and is available for a one-off payment of around $90.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I attempt to start my Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, I get a message that it can't start because elements of Creative Cloud are missing, and that I should reinstall CC.  But wnen I go to the Adobe website to reinstall CC, I get a pricing structure of $30 per month.  So AM I really "misinformed?"

I won't say it's impossible, but the error messages and web pricing are absolutely factual.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes brotha, you give me inspiration. These blood suckers are as bad as the
banks...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines