• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open files, free transform, or open the layer adjustment panel.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the 20.0.2 update and now I can't open files, only click and drag them in. I tried to add a graphic to work with in a new layer, I can't scale the new graphic, if I type in the amounts manually it immediately bounces back to the import size. I can't move the graphic anywhere in the page, it just bounces back to where it was. When I try to open the layer adjustments panel, it won't appear. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling a previous version, same results. I updated again, same results. If I try to get the layers adjustment panel to open, the graphic layer just disappears entirely. Same if I try to transform the graphic using the mouse and keyboard shortcuts.

These are my computer specs:

2019-03-04_1657.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Preferences in Photoshop

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop is 20.0.3. Can you upgrade to that?

version.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Yes, I did. Sorry it was when I updated to 20.0.3 I tried to edit my post but it didn't save my changes it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Preferences in Photoshop

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's it!! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im tired of having to reset my preferences every three weeks to fix this stupid problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines