• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Won't Open: MSVCP140.DLL is not designed to run

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through out the past I have been able to open photoshop. Last week was the last time I use Photoshop. When I tried using it today (3/25). My Adobe Photoshop won't open and would spam an error messge. Had to click cancel at least 8 - 14 times for that error message to go away. The only thing I can think of for my photoshop to mess up is my laptop updating, giving my Microsoft Egde logo a new look. It updated 2 days ago (3/22).

Please is there any way to get this fixed. Photoshop is my only job to get through this lockdown.Capture1.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry that the missing .DLL file is not letting you use Photoshop. Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/missing-msvcp110dll.html and let us know if that helps? 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the missing .DLL file is not letting you use Photoshop. Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/missing-msvcp110dll.html and let us know if that helps? 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Turns out my photoshop wasn't up to date. Though I had it on auto update so I won't worry about keeping track of that, silly me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i have the same problems, but the troubleshooting steps Solution 1 and 2 didn't work..

Regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Sorry that you're getting an error "MSVCP140.DLL is missing" while using Photoshop.

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Would you mind checking the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/msvcp140dll-is-missin... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I am having the same issues as Martin and those steps did not reasolve the issue for me. I am using Photoshop 2021, all up to date, according to my computer. The article was not helpful, I don't think I am computer-savvy enough to apply their treatement of the problem with C++ to this Photoshop issue.

Pamela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,

I can't open Photoshop, I'm going to cancel all Adobe apps.

Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the error you are seeing? Please post a screen shot of the error dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines