• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wont open full screen?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yeah this is me trying to enter full screen by mashing the F key and all that happens is... well this!

Why is this happening all of a sudden and how can it be fixed? I always work in full screen mode and it's really annoying such a small thing has to interrupt my workflow.

I've tried google already but after I've looked for about an hour I still cant find my specific type of problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop not going into full-screen mode, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working on?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Preferences Reset Photoshop - Preferences

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop not going into full-screen mode, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working on?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Preferences Reset Photoshop - Preferences

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version, 19.1.7 and I've already tried resetting the preferences but sadly it didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It could possibly be GPU driver related, have you tried updating your GPU driver from the manufacturers website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have probably said that before I posted this question I updated my GPU driver, Photoshop and my Wacom driver since I at first thought that could be the problem but that didn't help either I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I tried this tutorial and it help! I've always used the keyboard shortcut to reset my preferences and that's what I did in the first place.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 22.4.3 and as usual with Adobe upgrades, 4 bugs fixed and 10 new added. Why do we have to pay evey month for such bs? 

It's like buying a car and pay in full and each month you have to pay it again cause of the upgrade. Upgrade being car sales man exchanging a light bulb to a newer version. 

Now I updated and full screen mode with short F does not work. What's wrong with Adobe, they have no clue how their users use the software? And don't get me started on the iPad version. The worst software release in the history of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so found the bug. After loading your workspace presets, the full screen mode with F stop working. Reset the preferences and it works.

What the heck Adobe? So the only way to keep it working is to use the default settings. I'm growing tired of Adobe and their monopolist thinking that totally ruins the user experience. 

Every  [removed] time there's an update, it takes months before it's back on the pre-update fucntionality. And then of course the next update is due...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I h. a. t. e. this too! Seriously Adobe. I literally just downloaded the latest version of Photoshop. I left the LAST version which didn't work for me, and now this one I cannot use the F. 

I h. a. t. e. this about Adobe. And guess what? The NEVER listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines