Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop workflow setup

New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need some help with Photoshop Scripting.

What I need to do is to avoid users to create new document or open an existing one (except the one I've loaded).

What I have done so far is to insert in the "Script Event Manager" some script for the "open document" and "new document" event.

The script simply close the activeDocument in that way:

app.activeDocument.close();

(I have also put an alert that tells the user that can not open or create new document..)

What I want to do is something more complex: I want to stop photoshop to show the default open window (or the create new file window) and, instead, shows a message or something that tells the user that this two functions will not be available.

I also want to hide the "Script Event Manager" to avoid the user to edit an action that I use in the "save document" event, to save a JPG version of the document (if and only if the document is a PSD).

Can anyone help me, please?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's possible, someone might know different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Paul. I don't think that kind of application control is possible with scripting.

I don't know of any way to 'hide' that there is an event handler from the user. You could of course binhex the script to hide the contents of the script itself. But the user would still be able to disable the event or replace your script with something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.

I knew that this kind of control isn't possible with a simple script.

But, with another kind of "thing" (plugin maybe.. or something more complex that a script) can I access to this feature/event of the application and place my code in between?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try asking in the SDK forum. http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_sdk That forum is for plug-ins and that kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines