Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures getting blurry and/or pixelated when i resize them on my canvas

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

First of all, i want to say sorry if this question has already been asked/answered, i tried everything i could to solve it but nothing seems to work. 

As you can see in the title of this subject, i'm faced with a problem of images doing strange things when getting resized. I tried to touch tons of options in my photoshop but none of it has changed unfortunately.

At first, when i open a picture in its real size, it's fine nothing's blurry, but when i try to slide it (or c/p, slide it directly from a folder etc...) and i want to resize it well... that's where everything goes wrong. Wether i want to increase or decrease it, the quality breaks instantly and it gets blurry of pixelated (it changes when i change some of the parameters but still, the quality gets bad). The strange thing is that i already used photoshop in the past and never faced this problem, but recently i changed my pc for a new one and downloaded the latest version today : that's when it all started.

I hope someone will be able to help me a bit with this because it's gonna be a big problem for me if i can't solve it soon enough...

Thank you !

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copying/pasting may be your issue.

"Dragging layers or files is more efficient than copying and pasting them. Dragging bypasses the Clipboard and transfers data directly. Copying and pasting can potentially involve more data transfer and is much less efficient." 

You might also try placing which automatically creates a Smart Object that will retain your image's quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you advices and the quick answer ! 

Unfortunately, i already tried dragging them and using smart objetcs, it doesn't work at all, the quality always gets bad when i try to resize a picture. Whether it is in a canvas or not.

I also tried optimizing my performances but it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what means "but when i try to slide it (or c/p, slide it directly from a folder etc...) and i want to resize it well..." Do you mean drag it? Are you dragging in document already created? More I think less I understand what is happening. If @Myra Ferguson suggestion does not work please provide more details and screenshots.

"Wether i want to increase or decrease it, the quality breaks instantly and it gets blurry of pixelated (it changes when i change some of the parameters but still, the quality gets bad)."

Are you reffering preview while changing parameters (dimensions)? You probably already know that only Smart Object layer allows you to scale multiple times without penalty. Can you post screenshot please of what are you doing with Layers panel visible? Short video will be even better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you answer !

By sliding i meant dragging yes, sorry english isn't my first langage and i sometimes lack vocabulary.

The suggestions of @Myra Ferguson didn't work at all and i don't really know if i can make a tiny video to show you the problem but i'm gonna try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez3eklbqw6gcr8k/2023_02_21_143605.mp4?dl=0

Here is a dropbox link to a video of the problem i'm facing, i hope it'll be able to understand more what i'm trying to say.

It's really strange because on my old computer with my old version of photoshop cc 2018 i was doing pratically the same thing and everything was working fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A video doesn't help much. Instead, post screenshots at 100%. Pull up the image, go to View > 100% (or press ctrl+1) - take a screenshot and post that.

100% maps one image pixel to exactly one physical screen pixel. It's the only accurate way to view the image.

Just so it's said, resizing a pixel image will always degrade it somewhat, especially if enlarging. The question is how much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I come with some news, my problem is solved but i absolutely don't know how to be honest ? I was doing absolutely nothing and then reopened my photoshop (for the 5th time today) after a few time to try again and there was no more pixelated or blurry images.

@D Fosse @Bojan Živković @Myra Ferguson thank you for all the advices, i appreciate it a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines